72 2-door Project

Can someone tell me if this is the stock setup for my 72? 

Springs look like they are (or used to be) yellow maybe? If so, those may be the old Suspension Techniques springs from Datsun Competiton/Nismo?

But I also see yellow paint on a lot of other stuff too, so overspray from a previous repaint maybe?   ^_^

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The car has never been yellow; just about every other color, though! ;) I think they were white, you know, when they had more paint than crust on them. Hehe. The sway bar is yellow, though.

This is probably a long shot, but are there measurements or anything to know for sure? I live nowhere near any part store that might carry Datsun parts. Everything will be special order, I'm sure.

I guess the thing that piqued my curiosity was the weld on the cup dealie that holds the spring. (I'm sorry, I know that sounds SO stupid. I don't know what it's called).

Over the last couple days, I patched my driver's side inner fender and part of the fender support. I had my hubby weld the first portion, but I did the rest. Here are a few pics.

3BEB662F-AC9A-490A-BB27-8AD95DA83B94.jpg

enginebaypatch7.jpg

enginebaypatch3.jpg

The part my husband welded in for me. Needs a little finesse work, but it's a start.

enginebaypatch4.jpg

Here are the sections I did. I'm getting more comfortable welding this thin metal now. Since I've got the feel, I'm not putting holes in it anymore.

FenderSupportRust9.jpg

FenderSupportRust6.jpg

FenderSupportRust.jpg

FenderSupportRust2.jpg

FenderSupportRust5.jpg

• Like 3