Just wanted to introduce myself

Risingdatsun

Hello everyone i am from central Texas and i am new to the forum ! i just recently purchased a 1979 620 with 25k original miles ! , the truck was originally from Hollywood Ca and was purchased new from Universal Datsun , i acquired the truck through my job , the truck had been driven very little since it was brought to Texas in 1987 , ( 100 miles a year maybe ) the owners had became too old to drive it anymore, so i purchased it from them because i have always liked these little trucks and i am a HUGE Nissan fan and was wanting a new project ! 

• Like 2
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks! It looks good from far but far from good ! It has dents here and there , slight rust spots on the passenger door due to drain ports in the bottom being clogged , The inside is somewhat ok , needs a new dash cap , severely cracked from sun damage , glove box hinge is toast , seat has been re done in a interesting red vinyl , I will post some more pics tomm !

i have the interior kinda gutted right now due to cleaning and what not , had some crazy electrical problems on it earlier this week , fuel level , charge light , turn signals not working , one tail light working , etc .... found the contacts in the fuse block to be corroded both where it plugs in and where the tube fuses clip in , cleaned all the contact points and all is well now , also had to completely disassemble the multi function switch and clean all the contact points there as well and apply some dielectric grease , from what i hear this is all too common on these trucks with age .

Really ? That's cool , this is the only one I've seen personally , but also this is like maybe the 4th one I've ever seen in person , these trucks are very rare in Texas , atleast where I am at Small Ville USA , is it rare also that it's a 5 speed ? Excuse my lack of knowledge I'm just getting into the swing if things with the 620s