Datsun 620 Crew Cab import

jose7467

So my close uncle that lives in Mexico has a Datsun 620 crew cab that he DD's. Over there mechanics sometimes have to fabricate parts because they don't make them anymore and it's a part of their job. Here in the states however, I'm finding it quite difficult to find some simple parts which makes it quite expensive to fix an older car unless you switch out complete parts like the engine and brakes for something newer. I am very close with my uncle and will be visiting at the end of June this year. I found him his 1999 extended cab long bed F-150 about 8 years ago that he uses to haul heavier stuff and still uses it to this day but has the Datsun for lighter things and to save on gas. I believe it is a 73 Datsun 620 (not sure on year but very sure that it's a 620. I haven't seen a crew cab 620 here in California and even on google images they're fairly rare. What I plan to do is

1. Buy it from him by the end of the year

2. Have another uncle take it to some mechanics for a overhaul of parts that need changing

3. Have that same uncle fill the bed with parts (might make a wishlist thread here on the forums for what people need and make a list)

4. Take it home

How hard would it be importing a car from Mexico to here in CA? I know the other way around is easy as hell my family's done it at least 5 times that I can recall.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember when I was living in SD a few years ago cars with Mexico plates were on the American side all the time. I wouldnt think it that hard to import since it is so old it shouldn't matter. If you hae issues just leave it registered in Mexico. Now I'm in TX and I see the same thing but just more rare since I'm further from the border here. Just my 2 cents

If you have any problems I will gladly take it off of your hands :D

They're rare here in the states that's for sure as I've never seen. Does anyone on this forum have a four door 620? I will be heading to mexico on the 29th of this month and will head over to my uncle's house the next morning. Can't wait to drink some beers and pursuade him to sell :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

They're rare here in the states that's for sure as I've never seen. Does anyone on this forum have a four door 620? I will be heading to mexico on the 29th of this month and will head over to my uncle's house the next morning. Can't wait to drink some beers and pursuade him to sell :thumbup:

Steroid has one it is still being built if I remember correctly.

1978_Datsun_1500_Crew_Cab.jpg

Yep, I will take it :D

• 8 years later...