need help with my 620

tmac1991

I have found a great set of rims tht I really like. Problem is tht the back rims stick out bout 2" or 3". I love the rims just wondering how hard it would b to flare the bed to fit the rims and if it would look rite if I did. Thanks for your help.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Higher you can run anything, but it throws dirt all over the body. Medium or lower you have to have the tires inside the fenders or risk the body rubbing a groove in the tread.  I believe cutting the body is a sin.. a mutilation rather. Once done it says you took the easy way out and it's hard to put back. Try finding those rims with the proper off set so they fit.

• Like 1

make up ur mind which direction u want to go higher or lower --I can widen ur wheel wells but it is to much trouble to make them original again

so i think your first choice has to be what look are you going for. I would suggest looking at and reading as many builds as you can , this should give you a pretty good idea of the labor and cash it will take for you to get there .

trial and error can get costly quick, for examle : I started out with 6 lug to five lug adaptors and wanted to get away from the adaptors but keep all the width. I ended up buying 3 different sets of wheels before finding the right set up for me . 1500 later i am happy , and i was only trying to find wheels to fit my build . you are starting with a truck that almost appears stock, and could be almost any style you are willing to put the work in to build . useing free or almost free parts is a datto life style ( and a good one ) just dont let that create tons of work for yourself in the long run.

fronts

IMAG2442_zpsf03def27.jpg

rears

IMAG2441_zps8f2ebd23.jpg