One Piece Door Glass?

Dime Dave

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike, Thanks for the link.

mrbigtanker, not planned as a FutoFab product at this point (or even a personal project). It was more a fact finding mission for options to deal with some less than perfect vent windows..

The pictures Wayno posted in the thread Mike linked to above are very helpful. Not having a spare door to cut open it looks like the window frame that forms the track above continues down to the bottom of the door at the front. If it runs parallel to the rear track it could be used to guide at the forward edge of the glass.

It could also serve as a place to run a spring loaded roller that would help keep the glass up against the rear track.

A vertical electric lift looks like it would be the easiest way out, but I like the hand crank aspect. Harvesting the regulator/lift system from a 510 with its "X" mechanism and two point glass support might be a good option as well.

I have 510 doors that can be used to exploration/harvesting when I get to that point.  

I put that front track in there, I cannot recall now where it came from though, it might have been the lower wingwindow frame assembly from that Mazda frame assembly I bought trying to make a Mazda wingwindow gasket work in the 320 wingwindow frame.

That door was one that I used the outer sheet metal for my 521 kingcab as a filler, that door is long gone now, I used the rest of the window channel for the rear windows in my 520 project.

Mike, Thanks for the link.

mrbigtanker, not planned as a FutoFab product at this point (or even a personal project). It was more a fact finding mission for options to deal with some less than perfect vent windows..

The pictures Wayno posted in the thread Mike linked to above are very helpful. Not having a spare door to cut open it looks like the window frame that forms the track above continues down to the bottom of the door at the front. If it runs parallel to the rear track it could be used to guide at the forward edge of the glass.

It could also serve as a place to run a spring loaded roller that would help keep the glass up against the rear track.

A vertical electric lift looks like it would be the easiest way out, but I like the hand crank aspect. Harvesting the regulator/lift system from a 510 with its "X" mechanism and two point glass support might be a good option as well.

I have 510 doors that can be used to exploration/harvesting when I get to that point.  

I would agree that electric is likely the easiest way to go with a one piece window