79 x cab project

rodknee

Got this 79 the other day for free basicly!  Not running right now but was right before I got it I was told. Has an ignition issue that we are dealing with. Anyways, can't wait to get this up & running. Going to be my old school mini truck. Got wheels already. Starting to stockpile parts. It's got a weber carb even. If you all have any tips that O need to know please pass them along my way. Loving this site.

https://flic.kr/p/nprMm3

These wheels
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gksylrbbbakwf3p/20140518_085326.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks. It has some issues. Had (has) an ignition issue. I made a temp fix and it runs now but runs really rich. It has a webber (I beilieve) so that will need some adjustment. A buddy thinks the distributator may be off when it was installed. When you turn the dist. to adjust the timing, nothing changes. It has a miss here & there. Runs rouhg, sometimes seems to run great. Not sure what is up yet but i'm on the way. ANy ideas to check would be appreciated.

• 1 month later...

Got my repair manual. Did a few thigs & it runs better but still not right. Has an old distribuator in it that was converted to electronic. Wouldn't fire at all. Went back to points, still nothing. Found a broken ground wire inside, replaced that fired right up. May switch back to the conversion & see if that's what was the problem. Strange things is when it was running you could turn the dist full lock to either side & there was really no change. Not sure what to do next