Suspension lift for 85 720 4x4?

I'm wanting to lift my truck and have found 3" body lift and a 3" suspension lift. I'm kinda iffy about the suspension cause I've looked every where and only one place online has it and it's $285 which is a cheap lift. I'm already running 31" in mud tires with no lift. My question is has anyone tried or heard anything about the suspension lift? Pros cons? Not good or good?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Turn torsion bars up on front and have rear leaf springs re-arched. Body lift will need a longer fill pipe for the gas tank. Rad will sit too high for the rad shroud and the fan so will need to be lowered on the rad support.

4x4parts.com

It's an add-a-leaf thing for the rear, should help stiffen it up.  2.5-3" raise.  Torsion bars up front.  When you crank the bars up front it changes the angle of the ball joints. 4x4parts.com sell different upper a-arms to fix the angle and it won't be so harsh on your ball joints.  You should achieve about a 3" suspension lift this way.  Then you can do the 3" body lift and have a total of 6" (3 suspension, 3 body".)

The lifts aren't retarded expensive either. So it won't break the bank.   I had an 85 with a 3" body lift.  Was fun. Miss that thing.  Was a wheeling machine!