510 door gaskets and rear glass askets

I've been working with a couple of rubber body gasket manufacturer for years. I try to get them to start making new gaskets for our old Datsuns. It has been painstaking but I have been making headway. Once they make a prototype, they give it to me to test fit the unit and critique it. They usually send a couple of tech guys out to my house to look over my shoulder and do the paperwork so I don't have to. Last winter the rear window gasket for the PL510 was test fitted and passed inspection. The new units are heading our way. The container full is in the US and I should be able to start selling the rear window gaskets by the first week of June. Once an order is placed it only takes me about a week to get the gaskets so if anyone wants one or more give me a call or send me an e-mail. I will be putting them up on my online store as well at the regular price. Regular price is 69,95 each BUT for the next 6 months if you mention you found us on ratsun.net I'll knock 15.00 off of the sale price which puts the cost at 54.95 each.

Next project:

The latest project is door gaskets for the 2 door PL510's. They have finished the prototype gaskets for the doors and I need a car to test them out on. I loaned them a passenger door for test fitting but now it's time for the final sign off. I don't have a 510 anymore and I'm looking for someone that  can leave their car with me for a day or two to temporarily install new door gaskets and critique the fit. If the gaskets pass the test then the owner of the car will have the option to purchase the installed gaskets for $25.00 each. If they don't pass the test (or if the owner doesn't want them) then the original gaskets will be put back on at no charge of course. I need a test car within the next 2 weeks if possible.

If the gaskets pass the test then they will go into production which will help us all. I'm in the Snohomish/Monroe area. I use to have the big shop located on highway 9 in Clearview and had to sell the property. I'm now running the shop out of my house which is about 15 minutes east of the town of Snohomish.

Next project:

After the door gaskets are done for the 2 door version, then they're going to make the 4 door version and then the quarter window gaskets.

Z man of Washington

www.datsunstore.com

360-668-2979

• Like 1
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Micromachinery, As far as the windshield gaskets go, what brand are you using and what is wrong with them? Eventually, they may start making the rear gaskets for the wagons but it's hard to say. I'm surprised that they're actually working the PL510 projects for me cause there aren't that many of them out there anymore.

Getting them to start on the 280 zx projects was like pulling teeth and there's a lot more of them than 510's. We finally got them to start making the rear glass gaskets for the zx's this year but it took me 10 years and cash up front to get them to do it.

zmow

Micromachinery, As far as the windshield gaskets go, what brand are you using and what is wrong with them?

Brands? I dunno, but there's a guy in SoCal that sells em, and I've seen the fitment. They're awful. Even seen 1 windshield broken as a result(wasn't the installer that caused it). The only other alternative is to buy a hard to come by OEM gasket, which comes with a hefty hard-to-find-item pricetag.

The gaskets we sell are made by Precision body gaskets.  They are a US based company so all inventory is state side. The gaskets are actually manufactured in SE Asia (of course), and then shipped here. They have a local office and all R&D work is done here. I assist them in any way that I can and usually do the final fitment and critiquing. We sell 2 style of w/s gaskets, 1 that accepts the chrome and 1 that doesn't. I haven't put a w/s in a 510 for about 6 or 7 years using PRP gaskets so I can't say the fitment now is good but back then they were fine. I do install glass in all the old Datsuns provided I can find the parts of course. The majority of the body gaskets that we use for the z cars comes from them as well.

jay123, the first quarter window gaskets are going to be for the 2 door models. Once the 2 door models are out of the way then they may go after the 4 door models, it just depends on how fast it takes them to get their money back on the first series.

ZMOW

The gaskets we sell are made by Precision body gaskets.  They are a US based company so all inventory is state side. The gaskets are actually manufactured in SE Asia (of course), and then shipped here. They have a local office and all R&D work is done here. I assist them in any way that I can and usually do the final fitment and critiquing. We sell 2 style of w/s gaskets, 1 that accepts the chrome and 1 that doesn't. I haven't put a w/s in a 510 for about 6 or 7 years using PRP gaskets so I can't say the fitment now is good but back then they were fine. I do install glass in all the old Datsuns provided I can find the parts of course. The majority of the body gaskets that we use for the z cars comes from them as well.

jay123, the first quarter window gaskets are going to be for the 2 door models. Once the 2 door models are out of the way then they may go after the 4 door models, it just depends on how fast it takes them to get their money back on the first series.

ZMOW

Not harping on this at all.. but what makes your gaskets different or better than Vintage Rubber which are also made by Precision also made in Thailand...

Your price point is better.. but what else?