Ok OK I don't believe. Simple hydrogen injection kit 50 mpg?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If this were true we'd all be doing it. Try telling a UFO chaser that they don't exist. That sasquaches don't exist. That there were more than one gunman in Dallas.

You can get a 10-20% increase simply by driving differently.

But I want it to be real!!

Is there any technical reasons why hydrogen can't be put into an intake manifold??

It's been proven to work in combustion engines and is today. Does it need some type of venturi or something to mix properly??

Can it not mix with gasoline??

if your not careful you can create a boom where you don't want it, and for it to really work you need to cut your fuel back quite a bit , but than you run into lean issues, 

i dont see how hes getting better gas mileage, by just adding that, he would have to tune it,

maybe more HP  

Well on a carb anyway... on an efi the MAF senses volume on air, and this would include hydrogen and oxygen and then add too much fuel.... it would run rich.

I didn't watch the vid and assume it's the same crap. The energy needed to split the water into H and O2 would equal the energy released by burning the gasses.  Then the engine is only 30% efficient and the alternator just as bad. Conservation of energy laws apply. Or the 'you can't take out more energy than you put in' rule.

Only way I can see this helping is if H and O helped to increase a gas engne's efficiency. Unlikely.

Guest Rick-rat

Yes a car will run on Hydrogen, but I wouldn't want hydrogen in a glass jar in the engine compartment. Secured by a bungee cord I doubt if it makes enough hydrogen to even run the car, But as he said it feels like I have (neetros) now

OMFG.

Stop with the BS,

buy a MegaSquirt,

learn to install it,

SPEND ACTUAL MONEY ON A REAL,  ACTUAL, GOOD EFFICIENT TUNE, ON A REAL DYNO WITH A TUNER WHO KNOWS HIS SHIT

Get better mileage.

Get more response in your engine

Dont drive like a dingleberry.

Fin.

Whatever you do, DONT!! throw random flamable gasses in your engine with other vapors of other flamable liquids.

Have I been fooled or is this legit??

Watch "NISSAN 280ZX THAT GETS 50MPG" on YouTube

NISSAN 280ZX THAT GETS 50MPG:

First of all it doesn't make Hydrogen. It makes 'Brown's Gas' or a mixture of one part hydrogen and two parts oxygen by splitting water into it's two parts. It's the perfect mixture to burn, fuel (hydrogen) and oxygen, in fact, if he should ever backfire and the flame gets to that tube it will explode violently like a glass grenade. The small fizz isn't enough to run anything and certainly wouldn't make enough to power the alternator to make the electricity to make the gas in the first place. You can't take more energy out of a closed system than what's put into it.

You want more mileage? replace the speedo pinion in the transmission with a 15 tooth one. Dream on..

• Like 3

You do this, you will decimate your exhaust system, spark plugs, and likely seals. On the plus side you won't get speeding tickets cause you will be driving like a bitch, desperate to get better mileage to validate your lie. H2 is a valid combustion resource, and shows a ton of promise. Storage tank technology, while not cheap, is developed and safe ( ceramic foam ). But we are a ways out on this one. E vehicles must first run their course. Then, once fuel cells have been injected into consumer goods, we will have a viable source of H2. This may come from any abundant supply (geothermal, solar, wind), but would be an exercise in futility to actually generate H2 via oil. Mike is right. Conservation of energy applies. But H2 can essentially replace oil in any combustion situation, saving oil for more important tasks like high grade plastics, and solvents. Wherever there is a source of energy and water we can get H2. And that's pretty dope. Well get there. But this shit is dumb and impatient.

• Like 1

Right, not hydrogen. Here is the thing that many people over look and it is probably because they really want to overlook it. In the world we live in, getting more energy out of something than you put in is not exactly easy, not a pickle jar and bungee cord easy. It's a bit along the same lines as using an electric motor to turn a generator, this is another big thing that folks want to believe really badly. You get the motor spinning and spinning the gen, the idea being that once you unplug the motor, the electricity from the spinning gen will power the motor to spin the gen to power the motor infinity. Cool, but unless there is some sort of nuclear space rock involved, it goes against the most basic of physics.

Now...that's not to say that some dude in his garage will come up with something some day, but as of right now, no.