I live in SoCal and want to buy a 620. Besides classifieds, where to look?

microwatts

As the title says. I'm looking to buy a 620 some time this year, somewhere within California. Besides craigslist and the ratsun classifieds, where is the best place to look? Everything on craigslist ends up being in horrible condition, to be honest i'm hoping for something thats in daily drive condition. If anyone could point me in the right direction of places to keep an eye on, that would be awesome.

Thanks!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oregon. lol Car shipping is cheap and the cars here are just as rust free if you get one from an inland area. Some are beaters and have been abused, but a lot of them are nice and clean. I see them all the time on the side of people's houses.

Realistically if you want one that is already drivable and being driven it is going to be harder to find and cost more. Most of these have been pulled by folks and rebuilt into drivers so they don't really like to part with them too often. A lot of these trucks broke down years ago and are just sitting around waiting for someone like you to grab it and put it back on the road.

Realistically if you want one that is already drivable and being driven it is going to be harder to find and cost more. Most of these have been pulled by folks and rebuilt into drivers so they don't really like to part with them too often. A lot of these trucks broke down years ago and are just sitting around waiting for someone like you to grab it and put it back on the road.

That's what happened with my truck. I bought her and got her running good.

• Like 2

A few years ago I would have said come to the Torrance First Friday show, but hooligans spoiled that for us all.  If you can wait until September there are bound to be a few for sale [discretely] at the JCCS Queen Mary show.  Sales are tolerated as long as it is done discretely.  At the worst, you will have a good time.  Good Luck!

That's what happened with my truck. I bought her and got her running good.

I have absolutely zero knowledge of cars or their internals. I've heard Datsuns are a great way to learn.. any truth to that? i'm willing to buy one that needs some work, as long as its something reasonable for a beginner. 

SoCal seems to be the 'higher' asking part of California.. at least on craigslist.  

My advice.  Be patient.  You will find what you are looking for and when you do jump on it fast.

Yeah, I need a few months to get my savings together anyways. Is NorCal any cheaper? I was looking around the Bay area as well and couldnt find much, let alone at a better price!

Well I was given a '77 king cab with an automatic transmission. Thing is it needs carb work to pass smog. I just bought a nos dch 3040. I plan on selling/trading it once I get it smogged.

Well then, feel free to give me a shout via PM. I'd love to discuss price/etc with you if you'd be willing to sell it - Im in NorCal pretty frequently. 

Yeah, I need a few months to get my savings together anyways. Is NorCal any cheaper? I was looking around the Bay area as well and couldnt find much, let alone at a better price!

Perfect.  Keep a look out while you do.  I have seen some posted for cheap but they don't last long.  Around $1K.  These are pre smog too and sometimes runners.