L-16 for trade!!

I measured my tranny. It was ~ 26 3/4" from bell to tail, I guess that means I have the short tail tranny. Dang!! :mad:

So, I would need another short tail 4spd to swap. I don't want to get into changing a whole bunch of drivetrain stuff, I am a total newb when it comes to that, and this is my daily driver. :D

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy changover from short to lon tail, and you dont really haveto remove anything extra during the swap. You just need to have a few other parts on hand before you start. The two main peices that you need are the longtail crossmember, and the front section of the driveline. You will havethe crossmember and the driveline out anyways. You also need the cover plate that screws to the floor in the cab, they are different too.

Somebody had the front half of a driveline in the for sale section the other day, maybe it even has a good carier bearing rubber on it.

Jason

honestly the best idea would be to get a long tail tranny and the front part of the drive shaft and cross member from another truck.. the reason i say this is because in the future u could easily swap to a 5spd like im doin.. not to mention the number of 74+ trucks out numbers the 73- trucks an would be easy to find the stuff..

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.