L-16 for trade!!

Ok guys, I have built up the L-16 block that I had for sale. So here is the deal, I need to buy new head bolts and a head gasket for my truck. I broke a head bolt when I put in that comp cam. :o

All I would like to get out of this deal are a set of head bolts and a new head gasket for my truck. If you have a set I would trade the L-16 for them, but otherwise I would like to get $50.00 for this set-up. The motor is in good shape internally. I went through it and made sure everything was ok.

I have a flywheel too. :D The head has had some work done...see the pic of the valves. This could easily be a good running motor in short time.

This motor needs a few things, like a new gasket set, head bolts, oil pick-up and the dip stick (tube is there), and a valve cover, freeze plugs, etc... well look at the pics and you will see.

Here are the pics:

29g24w7.jpg

zx3abs.jpg

2prtda1.jpg

nwn14w.jpg

2qtwn4y.jpg

jj68ms.jpg

29c6m4h.jpg

sl7d3a.jpg

6ymvc8.jpg

2s5xwtz.jpg

2nb67ie.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a valve cover now...thanks phatdave!!

I want to trade for something, I really want a dual carb set-up. I don't need to sell it anymore because I got my head bolts, so I would like to trade instead.

s30cvq.jpg

Pretty soon I am going to have a complete motor. :eek: All this one needs now are a few bolts for the front cover, valve cover, and oil pan, head bolts. Also a complete freeze plug and gasket set and cam gear.

Picture211.jpg

thats my 83 maxima 5spd.. the 4spd looks alot like it from what i can tell from the underside.. i jus wanna have a spare engine so when im lookin on craigslist and see a datsun that doesnt run or something but its hella cheap i can snag it an throw the engine in so my girlfriend can have a datsun.. she really wants one

as of midnight my clutch will be ordered an after i get it i will be puttin it an my 5spd in

https://shoppingcartsecure.com/cart32.exe/6033780090-AddItem

thats the clutch kit im gettin..

haha sure if u wanna take my garbage please do.. my clutch in the truck now is pretty much toast.. to many burnouts & hard shifts.. to much hauling heavy stuff.. i mean it works yes.. but who knows how long it would hold up...

its for an l20b so ya know.. but its yours if ya want it buddy :)

haha sure if u wanna take my garbage please do.. my clutch in the truck now is pretty much toast.. to many burnouts & hard shifts.. to much hauling heavy stuff.. i mean it works yes.. but who knows how long it would hold up...

its for an l20b so ya know.. but its yours if ya want it buddy :)

:lol::lol:

Ok, maybe not the clutch. lol

i'll look at it an see what it looks like.. an take pics an crap, the tranny itself has never givin me a problem.. doesnt grind at all in any gear.. even goin into reverse after sittin over night it goes right in.. but if it sits for a long time its best to double tap the clutch first.. but i dont think that has anything to do with the tranny i think its somethin along the lines of the slave cylinder or t.o bearing or something..

i'd even let ya test drive the truck with it first if ya want

i'll look at it an see what it looks like.. an take pics an crap, the tranny itself has never givin me a problem.. doesnt grind at all in any gear.. even goin into reverse after sittin over night it goes right in.. but if it sits for a long time its best to double tap the clutch first.. but i dont think that has anything to do with the tranny i think its somethin along the lines of the slave cylinder or t.o bearing or something..

i'd even let ya test drive the truck with it first if ya want

That would be nice...but not necessary. I am willing to trust you on this. My tranny grinds into first, grinds into second, grinds into.....well you get the idea. :lol:

It has about 275,000 miles on it. It might be the synchros, but I am not sure. It has a new clutch master cylinder and slave, and the clutch never slips.

im not to far accross the bridge, and i dont have insurance at the moment so oregon isnt a good idea for me.. maybe i can throw in my short(cut) shifter an nice chrome shift knob for good measure?

Ok, that is fine. PM me your address and give me a date that you are ready.

so just so were clear.. that engine needs some timing cover bolts, head bolts, cam gear, oil pan bolts, a gasket set and freeze plugs.. curious but would a l20b sprocket work?? also it needs a dizzy, intake/exhaust mani's an water pump?? it looks like it has a oil pump? oh an hows the rod bearings?

so just so were clear.. that engine needs some timing cover bolts, head bolts, cam gear, oil pan bolts, a gasket set and freeze plugs.. curious but would a l20b sprocket work?? also it needs a dizzy, intake/exhaust mani's an water pump?? it looks like it has a oil pump?

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yep should work, yes, yes-yes, and yes.

:lol::lol: Does that answer your questions? I know Allen Dodson has some head bolts and so does edakotaford for free. They may also have the cam gear too.

I have a dumb question...is your tranny the long tail 4spd or a short tail?

I am pretty sure my 73 has the short tail, (I will have to measure it). What would I need to change to make the long tail 4spd fit?

I think I will need to stick with the same sized tranny as I have right? I guess I would like you to measure yours and I will measure mine. hehe

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.