Preparing to sell my Datsun... Good asking price?

cheetah79857985

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a very clean 620. AutoTragic tho:eek: Still there is someone out there that will pay what you want 4 it. You just have to word the ad rite and put all the info in. I have never had a problem selling my rigs. Just be patient and weed thru the low-life ass clowns that you get thru craigslist:lol:

Dont try and sell it on here either cuz these nicle-dick mofos on here.........:lol::lol::lol:

If I understand correctly, it's not that cheap-asses find Datsuns, but rather Datsuns find cheap-asses.:D

HEY... I RESEMBLE THAT REMARK haha :fu:

• 1 month later...

Thanks for all the help guys. I have put together an advertisement (or whatever you call it) and this is what I am going to put up. Based off of the below information, would any of you change the price range you originally suggested? Most websites I asked, where I posted the brief summary, said 15-2500. Here's a complete summary.

This is a 1977 620 series Datsun Pickup. The body paint, brakes, tires, and shocks are 2 years old. 1.5 year old weber carboratur. The wiring under the hood, the coil, and spark plug cables are only 1 year old. New fuel filter and spark plugs.

Odometer is at 99k, with a good possibility it has already rolled over once. So at least 100k miles, maybe 200k. Small rust bubbles on each door (picture will show worst part; lower right corner on driver door, passenger door is not as bad).

Things of note-

There is start button under the dash that goes directly to the starter. When I first owned the truck the ignition would sometimes not start the truck, so I had the button installed to bypass this problem. This problem has since been fixed (start button does not work without a key so theft from this source is not an issue).

There are three keys to this truck; one for the driver door, one for the passenger door, and one for the ignition.

The rearview mirror is not the original.

Opportunities that can be worked on-

The gas tank can not currently be filled. The over-pressure caused by a gas pump's automatic shutoff causes one of two things; more commonly, a small spurt of fuel sprays out of the line (less than a capful). Less common, a larger amount (my guess is 1-2 gallons) spills out. This problem is avoided by never filling the gas tank past 3/4 full. Obviously an opportunity a car savvy person can enjoy fixing.

The engine will freqently die while the car is STOPPED AND in gear. It does not die while in nuetral or park, and it does not die while in motion. I am currently working to fix this but I don't expect any progress beyond a higher idle. ****BTW, if anyone here is familiar with this problem, advice?****

The running/tail lights are currently hotwired to the battery. There are two pull switchs in the cab, one for each set of lights. It has been this way for a year and has'nt given me any problems.

The cab light and washer fluid does not work.

The truck is registered and insured and I drive it regularly.

Once again everyone, I appreciate any and all replies.

Great desciption on vehicle. And its a very nice 620. But with that many things wrong, mechanical wise, Mid teens for the asking price. But thats just an opinion.

Where you located? Looks like your around Bend, by the pictures.

Larry