510 doors that won't lock.

Gensaiken

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I gots the same issue along with a hatch that won't latch lol or lock I'm wondering if the key I have is just that wore down that it won't move the tumblers in the right spots??

Well with my situation I've actually taken the lock out and tried to push down the pole and it will not completely engage. I have maybe one or two spare doors that will do it but all the rest are just jammed. It moves but does not go all the way.

• 3 years later...

managed to resolve the issue since the doors need to be closed to lock it. :rolleyes:

Although the door ... still wouldn't lock even after I made sure door latch was "closed".

there is a plastic adjustment nut that contacts inside the door.

ive seen many bent from trying to make it lock.

if the lock arm mechanism is bent, its necessary to straighten as much as possible first. i think it has a small dogleg kink to it...

Well with my situation I've actually taken the lock out and tried to push down the pole and it will not completely engage.

Bump. Crazy situation. All of these quotes are same problem. Drivers' side door, worked without fail until 2pm today bent the key a tad, super weird.

Pulled the assembly apart in the Safeway parking lot before delivering Safeway drugs. Had to zip tie the door to the body, and climb through the passenger side. Pharmacy peeps had a good long laugh.

So the problem has to be the spring or the wound coil spring or a small tensioned circlip, all of which no information for repair exists, to my knowledge. New Spring, fixed? or new/ used/ replacement assembly?