New to site, new to me 79 KC 620.

Deeznuts08

Hi, I have been creepin aroun this site for a while now. I just picked up a 79 KC on 03-19-14. It runs ok, interior is shot but overall a good starter project. I'm stoked to have this truck. The guy I bought it from threw in some 18 inch 6 spoke Titan wheels. On 03-22-14 I re-indexed the torsion bars,fabbed up some 2.5 inch lowering blocks and routered out the titans. The previous owner had a shit job of sparkly white plasti-dip on the truck. I removed most of that as well. More to come, thanks for all of the awesome info provided on this site.705a2331743e2c300742251983c2e9ed_zps2de0eb3734b6eb34d750cdbbf9d033d6beed_zps825171b08c30ff915ba5cf53ba5ff3193c56_zps901e89cc3868b90be36b9a8e2d9ff6625fa3_zps143950c72ae14caf25edff45a7907fcfd940_zps2fd4

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Plans so far are are to get it running a little better and to pick parts from local salvage yard for the interior. Yes that is plasti dip on the dog dishes and I am keeping them for now. Might swap a manual trans into it later, I found two good set ups at the salvage yard.

Manual swap wont be too hard but you will need a lot of parts from the junkyard.  I second some interior pictures!  If your dash is cracked almost everyone will be.  Hard to find ones that aren't.  Bench seat always tears.  If someone tried to remove your bezel before then it is most likely broken.  Just some things that are normally wrong with the interior.

Dash is hammered, bucket seats are trash, no headliner, no interior cars whatsoever, no carpet but has factory rubber datsun floormats. it does have doorpanels though. I will get some pics of it tonight after work. Very excited about joining the minitruck club. My other project is a 69 Ford f100, 2wd, swb, lowered with a big block.

Dash is hammered, bucket seats are trash, no headliner, no interior cars whatsoever, no carpet but has factory rubber datsun floormats. it does have doorpanels though. I will get some pics of it tonight after work. Very excited about joining the minitruck club. My other project is a 69 Ford f100, 2wd, swb, lowered with a big block.

If the dash is really bad you can get a replacement cap.  I just got a carpet mat to put over it.  Headliner you should be able to find at a junkyard or in the classifieds here.  There was no carpet inside from factory.  

With a little TLC you will have it looking good in no time.

I could not find a color code on mine. I got the 4 inch blocks in and got it right where I want it. Timing was way off too. The previous owner said there was a wiring problem because none of the rear lights worked ( stop,turn,tail or backup. After taking it all apart and investigating a little, turns out when he plasti dipped it, he pulled all of the lens covers and bulbs and sprayed the truck and filled all of the bulb sockets and was not smart enough to figure it out. Oh well that's why I got such a good deal on it. I got all the lights working except for the left brake and left turns but I think I need a signal switch. More pics to come of the 4 inch blocks installed.

Glue black carpet to the roof. Cheap, easy, quiet and it won't drip in cold weather from condensation. For the floor the black carpet from a 720 will fit if you trim it. It comes with an awful thick sound deadener backing, but you can peel a layer off. Be sure to remove all the backing for under the pedals or the clutch wont go down far enough. There is a vinyl pad for high wear areas under the pedals and beside the gas on the tunnel. Quieter and looks great.