Validity check before making a deal

Hey, I've been lurking a while so this is my first post, but I'm thinking about buying a distributor for my Z24 720 from the user selrahc360 on the classifieds, and I wanted to check with the community and see if anyone has a good word to put in, or if you would not recommend buying from this person. He said he could ship, and I'm fine with that, but I figured you can never be too safe. I apologize if this is in the wrong section. Any reply would be helpful. 

Thanks. 

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Chazhammer,

You should have not problem getting some references about me, I have sold a few things to others here at the ratsun forum as well as though ebay and they seem to be happy.  I have been parting out a nissan 720 for a locost project, part of that goal is to recover as much money for the build as possible for the car I am building, finally took the frame and the rest of the scrap to twin city metals today.  Pretty much have the cost of the truck purchase recovered and the used SR20 motor I have purchased, so I have motor and drive train.

My goal is to build the car for $2014 the starting year is how much you get to spend.

When you make up your mind I will put it in one of those fixed price boxes.

Best,

Charles

Hi Chazhammer,

You should have not problem getting some references about me, I have sold a few things to others here at the ratsun forum as well as though ebay and they seem to be happy.  I have been parting out a nissan 720 for a locost project, part of that goal is to recover as much money for the build as possible for the car I am building, finally took the frame and the rest of the scrap to twin city metals today.  Pretty much have the cost of the truck purchase recovered and the used SR20 motor I have purchased, so I have motor and drive train.

My goal is to build the car for $2014 the starting year is how much you get to spend.

When you make up your mind I will put it in one of those fixed price boxes.

Best,

Charles

I appreciate this. I'm just really cautious as this is my first time buying something since I was ripped off a while ago. And I apologize for not getting back to you yet. I'm still waiting to hear back from my dad to figure some stuff out. :^)

When i bought a few parts from very new members ,, i asked for their E-bay account name and contacted them through it also, to make sure it was them.. One time it wasn't who he said it was and i passed on the "deal" the next  it was their account in good standing,, and i bought a shifter at half price from here.

Always make them send a current picture,  flipping off camera or whatever.

I have heard of others asking for the exact name of seller and Googling the name with "ripped me off" and variations of that in the tag line to see if there is any hits.

Or just trust the dude ..

There is a forum I frequent, where ALL classifieds are required to have a picture of the product, with a piece of paper in the picture too with their username, date of sale, the name of the forum, and sometimes people include the name of the item. If they skip out on that picture, the ad is removed.

• Like 1

There is a forum I frequent, where ALL classifieds are required to have a picture of the product, with a piece of paper in the picture too with their username, date of sale, the name of the forum, and sometimes people include the name of the item. If they skip out on that picture, the ad is removed.

Im a part of a forum like that as well. And if you seema little sketch with your item sometimes they request random objects in your pictures to make sure its legit.