Draynor's steering box brace - Build Thread

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and like I said before, this is just a test/mockup piece, Still in the designing stage.

This one will be tested on a car, and driven hard. I am gonna see if I can borrow a buddys GoPro and mount it next to the steering box, too see whats going on in there.

and like I said before, this is just a test/mockup piece, Still in the designing stage.

This one will be tested on a car, and driven hard. I am gonna see if I can borrow a buddys GoPro and mount it next to the steering box, too see whats going on in there.

Probably a good idea.

IT'S NEVER GUNA MOVE! I've been welding and abusing steel for a long time and considering the actual stress this part will see, you'd sooner rip the inner fender well before this brace will fold (and that's not going to happen either) The plate may be a bit thick but I like the look of thicker plate over thinner... gives a sense of girth/strength and with such little material, the weight savings would be negligible ;) Nice work Derek!

• Like 3