jesusno2

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

slightly more to the right(clockwise)

dial up the crank to Zero keeping it tight then ck your cam marks and the oil/dist spindal.

if using a screwdriver or stright edge the line will be right of top hole left on bottom hole

or as shown here

I can send a vid if you like.PM your full name and address

I have been batting a BIG Zero for cash flow back(maybe send 5/10$ back) from the last 5 DVDs sent out

HPIM0236_thumb.JPG

Is the 1st and second lobe of your cam at 10 and 2 oclock, second are you at TDC meaning your 1st piston is at TDC..I used an ol skool trick, turn the crnk using a socket, I think its 19-21 mm. place some toilet paper inside spark plug #1, when are nearing TDC or at TDC the toilet paper will pop out. You can also stick your finger, screw driver or something in #1 and you will feel it rising. This is hard to do if you have to turn the crank...requires 2 people.

To answer your question, it looks very close to 11.25 position. some say 11.28 but I have an ol skool datsun book and it says 11.25 position relative to time that is.

Good luck....

Well I did have the valve cover off cause I was making sure the cam was right. It looks right according to the book but both #1 valves are closed and the piston is up on the compresion stroke I also noticed the dist rotor is not quite pointing at #1 on the cap so that's why I was asking if it looked wrong.