The Ratsun F1 Thread

RTB

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So is there a best website or sites for F1, especially for technical info on the cars? Although I suppose the car makers aren't really free with details on their newest secrets. Also, on race weekends, who has the best updates on what is happening? I sometimes try searching through Google News when I know there is a F1 race and it usually shows what happened two hours before. I suppose one of the UK newspaper sites takes F1 seriously and gives timely updates.

Len

NBC sports broadcasts all the races live and reairs most of them the same day since some are live a 3AM since most races are halfway across the world. Autosport.com is a great source for F1 news and the Formula 1 subreddit on reddit.com is usually really quick to put up news.

I always find it interesting how they all have similer designs even though they all have a "new car design" Those side bardge boards for example.

Bargeboard_2009.jpg

ta_article_510.jpg

If you think about it some things will always be the same. Just like all aircraft have a similar shape. Its the small details that will make one car faster than another.

RQVAFDt.jpg

So far the Ferrari has by far the smallest side pods. Also with their nose design I think they will be getting a lot of front downforce which means they have a plan for rear downforce as well. Interested to see what kind of reliability they have.

Its 88lbs, and going in the LeMans car. Not formula....

Also pretty sure its a 1.5

Correct the f1 cars have to be v6 turbos and it wouldn't make sense for them to make a straight engine because the engine is part of the rear chassis. And a f1 car makes over 700 hp so its about half the power.