The Ratsun F1 Thread

RTB

Nobody actually cares how much more power and torque, so "say what you will about power and torque"  they care about the spirit of the race, and its going, going, gone........

Seems like noise and gas engines are still relevant in that aspect.

Seems to me you're in every thread, arguing just to argue.

F1 has been getting stale... boring.  We need these rule changes... wait til the end of the year and see how the racing is once all the teams get this new stuff figured out.  F1 is supposed to be top tier, where's all the technology?

And unless you've actually gone to Australia and heard these new engines in person, I don't think anyone is allowed to comment on the sound -_- 

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And watching the the drivers struggle with the car actually brings back the good ol days when the cars had more power than grip. That why all that extra torque is awesome. Its no longer point and shoot. The driver really has to have an amazing feel for the car

Seems to me you're in every thread, arguing just to argue.

Seems like your bitching just to bitch about me, If you notice and look really carefully, I am not the only one "arguing". Actually I dont see much of an argument coming from my direction, just opinions. I guess this  "discussion forum"  thing must be new to you.......

And its actually quite boring. I found the "point and shoot" days more entertaining to be frank. Watching people struggle with a car is boring to me.

And frankly it means to me that the cars are designed like shit because of all the rule changes and BS they have instituted.

WTCC is much more interesting than this is now.

I welcome the fact that my father and I wont have to wear ear protection when we go to austin this year. Of course I wish they were a little louder but it is much more of raspy sound than years past. And you are hardcore contradicting yourself. You were saying that all the drivers aids were ruining the sport. But now the cars are more to how they should be with more power than grip and suddenly your a fan of just point and shoot cars. Make up your mind because they are 2 very different things.

And watching the the drivers struggle with the car actually brings back the good ol days when the cars had more power than grip. That why all that extra torque is awesome. Its no longer point and shoot. The driver really has to have an amazing feel for the car

You can definitely tell who has feel and who doesn't just from watching Quali in the rain.  It's pretty sad how many of these drivers are just there because they have money :(  And it's the same situation with the TUDOR series.... anyone watching Sebring, notice how many spins and stalls there were?  And the Prototypes getting stuck in the dirt/on the curbs?  Oh my gina.

I feel bad for Ricciardo but at least he got on the podium, whether they counted it or not. I see him doing well this year. I'm not gonna get too into this whole pissing match about sound and what racing is best and crap, but I will say I was pretty excited the whole time and I think the sport improved from last year. It will never be perfect but this year will be more exciting than last and I'm glad to see some diversity on the podium.

Also I think Bottas getting his car back to the pits to get a new wheel/tire was the highlight of the race for me, that or Kobayashi taking out Massa. 

Also I think Bottas getting his car back to the pits to get a new wheel/tire was the highlight of the race for me, that or Kobayashi taking out Massa. 

Bottas was on fire until he hit that wall.... if it wasn't for that I think he could have battled Rosberg for the win.  Even after that unscheduled pit stop he made up helllla spots.

I couldn't help but lol at Vettel... "do something!"  What a whiny little bitch.  I don't see him winning any more races unless RB figures out a way to cheat.

There could literally be 3-4 teams fighting for the title this year. Ferrari, Mercedes, Mclaren, Williams, and even Force India. Its fantastic. Hope next year they increase the fuel amount and flow so they can rev a little higher to get more noise out of the engines.

• 1 month later...

A MUST WATCH for F1 fans. Pretty interesting, they follow Senna and Ratzenburger's last team member before their day-to-day crash's/death the same weekend at Imola.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFUZuMBPq9o

EDIT: It's Senna week. Check out the rest of  the video's on the channel.