The Ratsun F1 Thread

RTB

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i know i just think it weakens the style of racing.... too many to follow ...i been watching a lot of le mans racing .... but i also watch them dizzy fuckers from down south ... but even that racing has gotten stale........ but i grew up on the dtm fix in the early 90's so im kinda biased .. watch the au super cars too they like to beat fenders ...

when i was 13 i would order a pizza on sunday night and watch all my vhs tapes i recorded the dtm racing on ... man i wish i still had a vcr

• Like 3

Well every other formula series (gp2, renault 3.5, formula 3) is a feeder series into F1. I dont know anyone who watches indycar anymore. F1 usually changes the rules every 5 years to keep it refreshed and this year is one of the most drastic differences in the history of the sport. From a 2.4 V8 to a 1.6 turbo V6. Tons of aerodynamic changes. Restricted fuel flow. The new ERS system.

i know i just like a little roughness to my racing fix... i like seeing the circuits in f1...just immaculate..... and the pits and how they work i find that all super interesting ... but the racing .... ineed something that doesnt look paper mache' and can take a little beating ..... fwiw last summer we raced a f-1 class here at the local on road series for remote control cars... it was the funnest class... but the cars also handled the worst wihich is a complete reversal from how they are in real life...oh and the rc version takes way more beating the the real thing ... lol

that was some gory ass shit ... so who was the guy with his leg ripped off?

It was a track marshal. And he didnt get his leg torn off, he literally was cut in half by the car. He didn't survive. And the driver that hit him was Tom Pryce and the marshals fire extinguisher hit him in the head as he hit the marshal at 170 mph and he was pretty much decapitated by his helmet strap. Died instantly.

I have always been a huge fan of Ken Tryell's p-34. I have been collecting various diecast and slotcar models of it for years.

I have a very tricked out Tamiya f-201 RC formula 1 model that has lived the life of a shelf queen due to my local RC track(rain city) closing down before the class ever really started. Mine is identical to this with a full carbon fiber upper and lover chassis and lots of other JDM goodies. The 201 was a 4 wheel drive chassis where the 102 is the newer 2 wheel drive model.

Thanks for sharing the new cars, they look super slippery, wonder how the new engines will sound???

P1010022.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

fdaa91e001b6bd0fdbb9088a8c0090d1.jpg

• Like 1

Well every other formula series (gp2, renault 3.5, formula 3) is a feeder series into F1. I dont know anyone who watches indycar anymore. F1 usually changes the rules every 5 years to keep it refreshed and this year is one of the most drastic differences in the history of the sport. From a 2.4 V8 to a 1.6 turbo V6. Tons of aerodynamic changes. Restricted fuel flow. The new ERS system.

I watch the indy 500

I watch the indy 500

Yea but every race in F1 has more viewers worldwide than the Superbowl. Every race. Ever since Indycar had a split and CART was created they haven't been the same.

• Like 1

I have always been a huge fan of Ken Tryell's p-34. I have been collecting various diecast and slotcar models of it for years.

I have a very tricked out Tamiya f-201 RC formula 1 model that has lived the life of a shelf queen due to my local RC track(rain city) closing down before the class ever really started. Mine is identical to this with a full carbon fiber upper and lover chassis and lots of other JDM goodies. The 201 was a 4 wheel drive chassis where the 102 is the newer 2 wheel drive model.

Thanks for sharing the new cars, they look super slippery, wonder how the new engines will sound???

P1010022.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

fdaa91e001b6bd0fdbb9088a8c0090d1.jpg

I love the p34 as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXNLQQC_AGU

It was a track marshal. And he didnt get his leg torn off, he literally was cut in half by the car. He didn't survive. And the driver that hit him was Tom Pryce and the marshals fire extinguisher hit him in the head as he hit the marshal at 170 mph and he was pretty much decapitated by his helmet strap. Died instantly.

Still not as bad as the 1955 LeMans crash. Killed 84 people and 120 more were injured badly, some missing limbs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEk85gKJN6k

This thread is totally awesome. Been waiting for someone to start this.

Hakkinen will always be my favorite racer, but the next video should be expected.

Possibly the greatest man to ever set foot on a race track.

I can not help but weep at certain points in this documentary, ALL F1 fans should see it.

This is good too.

Aryton Senna, and Joey Dunlop are the reasons I wear a yellow helmet. He is one of the reasons I love Honda so much.

• Like 1

I like the look of the McLaren Mercedes.

The 'silver arrows' have always look great.

Looks like a real weapon.

Might have to go and check it out on March 16 in Melbourne.

Sporting capital of the world!