Has anyone bought the repro 620 taillights off EBay?

villegs

My truck got hit today while I was at work, tailgate(which had plate steel welded to the inside) took the brunt of a Wrangler, but the left light, bucket and surround are toast and the right looks like the surround got bent, need to get it on a rack to check under, his bumper went between the gate and bumper, pushed the OE plate bracket inward, not sure what else, it's still snowing and cold and nowants to roll around on the snowey road under the truck. Obviously the most economical route is the chinese replacements, $20-40 for thelight  set, another $20-40 for surrounds. Anyone know are the junk, do they fit? Also if anyone has a decent gate they don't need I'd be most happy.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a set and have had them for a few weeks . They are not too bad the originals are better quality Though.  The globes are lower wattage ( I'm guessing because of the plastic quality) and both the brake light globes blew within a week, The seals took a little playing around to sit alright and seal but for 40 dollars including postage I am more than happy. I am going to replace them with originals when I find a replacement cheap but so far so good.

........................and both the brake light globes blew within a week........

I'm guessing you are refering to the bulb itself?  Probably the cheapest they could buy at bulk rate.   I've got a bucket of marker and tail lights somewhere in my basement. I used the best ones I had on a 73 620 that I bought for 500, fixed it up and sold it the same day I put the sign on it for 800 dollars.  I really wish I had it back. The only thing originally wrong was the floorboards were rusted through.

If I can't find some of mine in top shape I may purchase a couple off ebay sometime down the road, like summer when I intend to paint it.

........................and both the brake light globes blew within a week........

Yep both bulbs only the brake light elements, one wasn't working the day after I installed them and the next by the end of the week. The ones I replaced them with are fine. They would have been the cheapest they could get element wire was so fine. But for the price to be honest I wasn't expecting to find any globes in them :P