Where can I buy an Auto Choke relay 6 pole?

leosnake

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Working on my friends 210 Wagon...His auto choke relay is burned out!

AutoZone and O'reilly don't list the 6 pole relay.

Found 1 at a jy but didn't work...Is it a dealer item only??

What are the chances that the one at the junk yard doesn't work also??? Pretty slim.

The auto choke relay only works with the motor running or only when the alternator is charging. You may want to try checking this first.

If the choke is not warming up perhaps it is bad.

If these are the plastic covered relays, the 720 (and most '80s Nissans) uses them also on it's choke heater. The Black one on the left is for the choke. There is 6 pin locations on the plug but only 5 are used. OFF isn't needed so it's blank.

720chokerelayLarge.jpg

I wish posting photos on this site were really easy!

Anyway...the relay that I'm talking about has 2 rows of 3 poles...like this: XX

XX

XX

I did use the VOM and tested the coil...I even removed the cover and checked its operation. The magnetic field is not strong enough for the contacts to move and  touch each other.

The auto check relay was checked with key on and with engine running.

I have power on the white/red tracer wire, and there wasn't any open circuits in the wiring. This relay delivers power to 4 switches...Clutch switch, hand brake switch, antidieseling valve, and the vacuum switch. (Checked on the color wiring FSM diagram.

There is a new one on Ebay but my friend won't spend $115 since he is unemployed at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

In the above pictured relays used 4 the choke heater could anybody identify the pin #'s 4 each pin? which is coil, ground, swiched power etc? I screwed up my relay dissasembling it and I have a butt-load of standard relays with common lay-out like the relay used in the 521 add a relay pinned thread near the top. I want to wire a relay socked w/spade connectors and retrofit the "choke heater" relay 2 the common style. My truck is an 80 720...uses choke heater relay in the headlight circut.