ka24de 510 Questions.

DatsunSwag22

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I can see a little of your confusion here. Leave all the stock relays and wires alone. Do not touch them. Like states previously, those run headlamps, wipers, blinkers, horn, etc except for (I think) two wires. One going to old ignition coil, and the other being the ignitions ST (start) wire. Those are (once again, 'i think') the only datsun wires that need to be modified. Oh and alternator plug.

All the wiring for the KA is additional to the current wiring... And it's not very 'additional', very very simple.

Have you removed the L series from the 510? Do so, if you haven't. You'll begin to see just how complete the wiring is.

Pull the L series out and 'pretend' to put it back in, but using the KA... That should ease the uncertainty you have, haha!

This is so easy. I promise.

so do i cut the wires coming out of the computer to put relays?

Oh man theres going to be another 510 for sale in about a yr.

Don't cut the stock harness. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

go to car shows and other Datsun guys and take photos of what they did and draw it out.

make adapters if you need the stock wires signals till you got the car running then clean it up later.  seen 1 guy have a nice L18 510 then did a motor swap and harness was cut pulled ect and car was NEVER seen again. ran fine for 35yrs with a L motor.(matter of fact Graiglst is full of them

• Like 1