Barnfind 521 in California!

EightyOne521

Hello Everyone!

New member here in the sf bay area.... the 521 has been my favorite truck for over 30 years! I bought a red '72 Datsun 521 in Auburn, CA back in 1981.... its long gone now (traded it for a '72 Chevy Luv with a 283 small block)

Hoping to find a sweet original 521 in California...

No plans to modify it.... just keep it as a nice original driver.

I can certainly appreciate how lucky I would be to find one.... ready to buy, but willing to wait for the right truck! 

Thanks!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks K_trip!  I know CL is my best resource... as a matter of fact, I was just in Santa Cruz a couple of weeks ago looking at a '70 521 for sale as seen on craigslist.... the seller's name was Mike.... faded red, original CA plates... but I don't see it listed amymore (it was probably a bit to rough anyway)

I know its going to be tough to find, but seems that Ratsun members occasionally score a nice original paint 521 in so cal, central valley, nor cal, etc.  So, if one of you guys out there wants to re-sell your one-owner 40,000 mile original truck for a profit.... hit me up!  :)  Like I said... doesn't hurt to ask

....... As a matter of fact the classified here is so messed up - folks posting parts for sale in the vehicles section, it's littered with hard to read posts without pictures, etc, etc ... it was a cool part of the board a while ago, but things have changed for the worse.

You're better off using Craigslist to buy and sell Datsun and/or Datsun parts.

^^^^^ Word

• Like 2

No budget really...

any 521 truck in original condition... willing to pay for that one-of-a-kind mint one-owner barnfind (within reason) or even a light project, non-running complete truck needing some love would be cool.... I'd like to hold out for an original paint / original engine truck.... there are plenty in CA, but realize it may take some time to find

Also.... I'm a huge 4x4 fan.... so although I'm looking for an original 521.... if it happens to have a 4 wheel drive conversion, but still "original" in style... I'm very interested if anyone has a 4WD 521 to part with

I guess to sum it up.... any year 521 - prefer original paint and original motor... huge plus if its got current CA registration or non-op with the original blue/yellow plates!

keep watching Cl in Santa Rosa there's a guy trying to get rid of a couple 521s for $1200 one had a tree drop on it but the other looks like a runner. seems a good deal if I had the cash and my gf would let me have a yard-o'-trucks.

BTW if you do end up buying them I get a finders fee of one 280Zx oil cooler (it only comes on automatic turbos) :thumbup:

Welcome to Ratsun!

If you're looking for "barnfind" you not going to find it in the classified here. As a matter of fact the classified here is so messed up - folks posting parts for sale in the vehicles section, it's littered with hard to read posts without pictures, etc, etc ... it was a cool part of the board a while ago, but things have changed for the worse.

You're better off using Craigslist to buy and sell Datsun and/or Datsun parts.

^^^^^ Word

What happened to the ads section,it is all different?

I dont come here much,and everything is different

• Like 1

K_trip,

Many thanks for keeping your eyes out for me.... I've come to the right place!  The 521 4x4 sounded like a truck I would have jumped on... You're right, the 620 conversions are alot more popular... many of them on ebay.

I shamelessly stole the pic (from this site, but cannot remember who owns it) for my avatar - its a green 521 4x4

ok, I'm lookin for that oil cooler right now!  do you have his ID?

I noticed that on this forum, sometimes you have the option to contact a member, and sometimes you don't... maybe its in the settings??

not off hand but try trolling the 521 section or searching 4x4 521 in the forums

Now this is just what I'm looking for!.... supposedly this red 521 4x4 is owned by a guy named Bob in CA

Anyone know him?  Would he want to sell?   Bob - are you out there?

I'll keep searching the 521 section... thanks everyone for the warm welcome and advice!

Please let me know if you have any info on a 521 4x4 in California.... :thumbup:

5214x4c_zps65695555.jpg

• Like 1