LONG-TERM HiBERNATION RECOVERY?

PEACE Friends of DATs and Mechanical goodness ........

So ....Im stoned and its more fun i think to just throw a question out there. and tomorrow when i wake up and handle my buisness then ill get on here and laugh at myself and dig on the answers......its a LEGITIMATE Ques?tIon....

my dime..shes a ............. well she aint run in a good (yeesh) 10 years .......thats ( 32,415 lunar cycles?!)  {maybe}

so I want some ideas tonight about some logical and successful methods of ...say like flushing out the fuel tank? is it best to just scrap it? should I fill it with oatmeal and leave it in the sun(you never know).. WHATSUPWIFDAT?...........DAT.?.?...

and yes i will not be high tomorrow and i will be planning on replacing any aged hoses?/lines and etc.etc. i will take any tips on these matters and i respectfully accept any experienced colleagues information....

ok now i cant keep my eyes open now im out 

peace and blessings

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pull the tank, drain it, inspect it. Rust? Pour some pea gravel in the tank After taking the level sender out, and roll the tank around. Then you might pour a gallon of laquer thinner in their to clean up any leftover residue.

Probably wouldn't hurt to replace the points, I'm sure they're corroded after say... 32,415 lunar cycles. Check fluids, maybe even change the oil with some cheap 10w30 until you know how it's running.

And turn the key.

All of this is probably better to do not high...

• Like 3

ha hAA ! thx brother. yeah its just an occasional weekend night thing. i do however appreciate your concern for my safety.

thats what i needed ..i was going to pull the tank but ive woken to what is becoming a rainy day (on my day off of course : (  ) 

i might be a little spaced out  after the laquer thinner stage though ; | haha

Pull the plugs and the valve cover. Pour oil on the cam, rockers, pivots, chain, ect. Hook up a starter button and spin the motor over (with the plugs out) until you have oil pressure and fuel in the carb. Put the cover and plugs in and fire it up. Don't fire it until you have oil pressure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would just pull the plug on the bottom of tank and see whats it like. 510 tanks usually arnt that bad depending on climate for that region.Ichouse pust pull the plug and drain it and runa couple filters or change them out.This was a easten washing car his famous rusty car.

you coul always run the car from a separet tank to get it running first. if your not stoned and burn your garage down with your Bob Marley Joint you light up with.

ck for spark ck the timming oil as soemone else said. Simple get gas to squirt in the carb and hopefully if valves all close good it will light off.

really you should sell it to someone who might appreciate the car more.