new guy from the kitsap area

hello all,  I'm Dave.  I'm from Port Orchard, WA, I've been interested in old Datsuns for quite sometime, mainly just lurking on here and desided to post up.  I have a 96 Nissan XE 4WD pickup and 200SX SE-R but have been searching for a 720, or a 521 for some time.  I had a 86 720 KC 4WD way back in my younger days and had a blast with it and I guess it never left my mind.  I'm currently building my HB so i guess thats why I haven't searched to hard for the other trucks.  Here are some pics...

not long after I bought it...

26180020001_large.jpg

after the SAS...

15886777_large.jpg

currently...

16337870_large.jpg

and the 200...

15543580_large.jpg

• Like 3
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you ever need to rinse the undercarriage on that thing, the back side of the Mile Hill McDonald's gets a decent lake going in heavy rain.

yeah its a small lake back there, just isn't deep enough.  its about 12-16" deep and the bottom of the frame is 23 IIRC.

thank you for the welcomes.  I've been looking at some of the builds on here and they are sweet.  I need to finish this so I can find an older Datsun.  plus I really want to go play with the truck.

• Like 2

Welcome aboard, LOVE the d21.   Would ask if I could join you guys on those trails, but all I have is a stock Frontier Pro-4x

nothing wrong with being stock.  but I would put some sliders on 1st, they are a GDIIFU saver for sure.  you are more than welcome to come join us on the trails as well.

• Like 1

nothing wrong with being stock.  but I would put some sliders on 1st, they are a GDIIFU saver for sure.  you are more than welcome to come join us on the trails as well.

Definitely been looking at some sliders.  Just need to save up the cash.  Would love to come out and get my truck dirty.

Where do you go wheelin over there? I hit up Walker quite a bit.

We should get a ratsun wheelin trip together. :)

I like this idea.

I'd love to hit Walker.  that would be cool. I usually go to Tahuya because its close, 20 min drive.  but have gone to Liberty, Elbe, Naches, and Antanum... so far

freekwonder, you're in Tacoma right?

buy some tubing and we can build them it would be alot cheaper.  I've got a few things in shop.

yeah its a small lake back there, just isn't deep enough.  its about 12-16" deep and the bottom of the frame is 23 IIRC.

thank you for the welcomes.  I've been looking at some of the builds on here and they are sweet.  I need to finish this so I can find an older Datsun.  plus I really want to go play with the truck.

Yeah, just run it from behind the office buildings at speed and it'll reach up in there.