Info on 520 that sold earlier this year?

XXL

Does anyone have screenshots or printouts or other "hard copy" of this 1969 520 that was on ebay back in February?  The listing is long gone from ebay and I'm looking for some documentation on its selling price.  Also interested in any screenshots, etc., of other 520s in similar "survivor"/super-clean condition that show selling price.  I'm having to deal with an insurance company that thinks anything 45 years old is only worth $2, regardless of condition.  I've already spend a while searching ebay and google for current stuff.  Please PM me with any info you might have, please.

http://bringatrailer.com/2013/02/07/1969-datsun-520-pickup/

• Like 1
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to nitpick, but that is a 521, not a 520.  Which is it that you need info on?

Yes, thanks for the correction.  Mine is a 1968 520.  That would be ideal... however, any 520/521 would help at this point... again, the key is "survivor"/super-clean like the 521 I linked.  For example, a 1970 (or maybe it was a 71) 521 sold on ebay about a year ago in the $7k range.  It was clean on the scale of mrbigtanker's truck, but completely stock.  There was a 1968 520 that recently went at auction on the east coast (it was posted here-- http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/datsun/1600/1594822.html , but was pulled down after the auction last month).  I believe it went for $6xxx.  I'm looking for more definitive info than "I think it went for..." though :( 

Go to http://www.nadaguides.com/classic-cars/  and enter your year make and model as requested.  Vehicles are priced by condition and are drivers, not museum hanger Queens.  This is the site that dealers use to price their trade ins and to calculate what they will sell it for.  It's an official site so the insurance weasel can't say "Not in my Blue Book".  You just might be surprised at the $$$ involved.  Good luck, teach the weasel a lesson.

• Like 1

Go to http://www.nadaguides.com/classic-cars/  and enter your year make and model as requested.  Vehicles are priced by condition and are drivers, not museum hanger Queens.  This is the site that dealers use to price their trade ins and to calculate what they will sell it for.  It's an official site so the insurance weasel can't say "Not in my Blue Book".  You just might be surprised at the $$$ involved.  Good luck, teach the weasel a lesson.

Thanks for the link.  That was my second stop (I started with KBB).  Unfortunately, NADA doesn't show older than 1970, and doesn't even know it's a "520" ... it's just a generic "1970 and older pickup," which leads me think that it's not very accurate to the market for the specific vehicle (because, when I go to comparable vehicles like Toyota Hi-Lux, I get all kinds of options and model years, with prices that seem more in line with what I have seen on ebay and elsewhere).

And, if a truck in the condition that mine is in is is only worth $1725, I'm ready to pay cash for 3 more just like it... because I've been offered 2.5x that for mine from a couple of real buyers with real money... and could use the 3rd one as a spare to hooptey up with a turbo KA and other goodies that I don't plan on doing to mine because it's too clean to cut up.

As for the weasels... they already forced me to get an attorney... so... we'll see. :(

$2,550 is what i get for high retail for my zip code.  There have been at least 2-3 very nice 521s on ebay in the last year, but sorry I didn't save any info on them. 

Thanks for the link.  That was my second stop (I started with KBB).  Unfortunately, NADA doesn't show older than 1970, and doesn't even know it's a "520" ... it's just a generic "1970 and older pickup," which leads me think that it's not very accurate to the market for the specific vehicle (because, when I go to comparable vehicles like Toyota Hi-Lux, I get all kinds of options and model years, with prices that seem more in line with what I have seen on ebay and elsewhere).

And, if a truck in the condition that mine is in is is only worth $1725, I'm ready to pay cash for 3 more just like it... because I've been offered 2.5x that for mine from a couple of real buyers with real money... and could use the 3rd one as a spare to hooptey up with a turbo KA and other goodies that I don't plan on doing to mine because it's too clean to cut up.

As for the weasels... they already forced me to get an attorney... so... we'll see. :(

Funny. my 1967 RL411 is fully priced on that site!  Your 521 is $2550, it's on the site!  Clock on the second line and proceed from there.

But $2550 is terrible for a pristine survivor.

Yeah, and therein lies the problem.  They simply don't actually SELL for that amount. I have done a weekly saved search on ebay for the past year... when they sell, they're going for the $3-7k range.  I just didn't think to actually screen capture them... but ebay throws listings away after a couple of months so I can't pull them back up.

Grrr.  I just want my vehicle back like it was before the bozo ran into the back of me while I was waiting for oncoming traffic to make my legal, signaled left turn.  

There was a 1968 520 that recently went at auction on the east coast (it was posted here-- http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/datsun/1600/1594822.html , but was pulled down after the auction last month).  I believe it went for $6xxx.  I'm looking for more definitive info than "I think it went for..." though :(

Just got a reply from the Hemmings auction I linked above.  Seller was Tom Mack Classics.  Pics and details on the vehicle are here-- http://www.tommackclassics.com/auction/1970%20Datsun%20Pickup%20truck/101-%201970%20Datsun%20Pickup%20truck.htm