Hey eBay, PLEAS tell me more about the 1981 Nissan 200SX .... So much fail....

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reread tweedle Dee and Dum

I didn't doubt the SE-R MY.

91 and 95.

What I already wrote was they were released 1 year later, as the same MY

Nissan wanted the platform to be strong enough to release the SE-R.

Already wrote that. Didn't need your inaccurate wikiBS

Now paddle back to your FWD forums.

Do people even read anymore?

didnt tattle, but had to share this lol of a thread there. Honestly you hear something funny about datsuns on a toyo forum, your probally going to post it here now arnt ya :).  I hear something funny about ser's here im going to post that in chat over there. 

I am not even clear what flatcat19 is trying to say besides an attempt to dissuade a new member from posting here. 

So a B13 is a 1991-1994 model and all four years an SE-R was an option to purchase. 

The B14 began in 1995 and they offered the SE-R model in 1995. 

I can only read that flatcat19 believes that a 1991 B13 Sentra did not have an SE-R model until 1992?

...and a 1995 B14 Sentra/200SX was not offered in the SE-R trim until 1996? 

If that is what flatcat19 is saying, that is incorrect. I invite him to further delve into the subject to enlighten us, further.

No. 91 base models all released in 90. 

SE-R not sold as a 91 until 91. 

Same with B14 too. 

Third time I've said the same thing. 

Why is that an issue?

Are you as thick as Dan?

Where is the issue?

Can you find me a 91 SE-R produced in 1990? Or a B14 SE-R made in 1994?

Production dates, children.

You're missing it too. 

SE-Rs were not released when the model dropped. 

Nissan wasn't going to release the SE-R if the platform tanked. 

Hence SE-Rs having later production dates than the release of B13/B14. 

It's not rocket science. Your own car proves this. 

So Nissan made millions of brochures without an SE-R model in the thing and then made another run of millions of brochures with an SE-R model included? That is hilarious! 

SE-R's launched with the B13 and B14 chassis, sir. That B14 200SX brochure was printed in 1994...... and boom goes the dynamite. 

• Like 1

And that means you have seen a 1990 produced B13 SE-R?

Or a 1994 produced B14 SE-R?

No. You haven't. 

That was all I had said. 

So because it was in a brochure, means that your guess is legit?

Not really. The plans were always to include an SE-R. 

Still missing it. 

Maybe you have better wiki links than Dan?

Nissan has been doing this for years. 

Release model, work the bugs out. 

When all is well-the special model will be released. 

Did with Zs. Gs. And Sentras. Pretty much everything that will have a Limited or Touring model follows this time line.

Notive Infiniti gets things before Nissan does?

That's to work out the bugs and to make it cheaper for the consumer. 

Say the SE-R was released at the same time as the XE model. 

Untested. Sold to public. 

Now say all the B13 Sentras broke in half due to the welds on the subframe. This is all just an example for the slower ones trying to follow. 

Would the name of the SE-R be tarnished at this point? You bet. 

So Nissan followed suit with the SE-R as well. Work out bugs-then release the baby. 

Not news. Not hard to follow either. I've been watching this ploy for years with other models. 

The door label (and Nissan internal systems) display the production date as 06/1995. It is a 1995 model that was sold three months after it was produced in September of 1995.

If you look in USDM FAST, it does list the B13 model with an SR20 engine being produced in the year 1990. 

I, honestly, have no idea what this thread is about anymore because you chose to type with a majority of incomplete sentences that can and do mislead people with a tabula rasa viewpoint and would prefer a different style of posting rather than constructive forms.

However, I would like to mention that no one is supporting you in the battle. 

At least that attests to the pure conviction in your posts and I must give you that, sir.  

I will admit I have never seen any B14 with a production date in 1994. 

I have seen B13's with 1990 production dates (but no SE-Rs) to credit flatcat19 and what I think is his point that Nissan did/does/will not release the greatest trim immediately, but the least greatest trim first and then move others out? I think....  :thumbup:

Now my posting style is in question?

lulz. 

Yes. That is what I was posting. 

I have worked as a Nissan tech for a long time. And have also owned many Nissans and SE-Rs. 

That is the basis of my delivery. When reading through factory service manuals and ordering parts for, I have not seen anything against my theory. 

Meh. Dan escalated this by reading what he wanted to. 

I agreed with you guys. 91-yes. 95-yes. Both produced in respective years. Not prior. 

It is what it is. 

Your last two posts blow the rest in this thread out of the water and I am sure people appreciate the clarity that is now easily seen. If I get more 610 justice to post, I may frequent here more often. 

In the end of the day, everyone is bitching about a Nissan and that is the internet truth.  :thumbup: