wagon thrust angle ...

Stupid_fast

My axle is seriously offset ... the thrust angle is pretty bad.

Its about 1 or 1.5 degrees, and also my axle is shifted left about 1/2".

Its always been this way, but it got slightly worse since I curbed the rear right wheel.  I can't see or measure any deflection in the frame, so I suspect something around the leaf/axle setup. 

I was under my wagon with a measuring tape for about an hour tonight, I can probably get rid of some of it by changing how it sits on the pins, but I would have to widen the hole at the axle perch to do it ... not sure if this is a proper way to align it. 

Anyone wanna provide some protips ?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bushings ??  They're a little loose but they dont look nearly bad enough to cause this much deflection

I have a set of delrin ... I kinda wanted to mold them before installing w/e.

Yeah .. shackles look straight ... springs look twisted a little in a clockwise rotation ... maybe 2-3 degrees ? ???  u-bolts are NEW.

Thanks.

Just a suggestion ... if you want to try something that shouldn't cost much except some time.

Swap the springs right to left - then see if the axle is shifted right (instead of the left) about 1/2".

WINNERRR!!! Swapping the springs left to right fixed the thrust angle.  My wheels are traveling straight again !!!!!  

Thank you !  I can't tell you how happy it made me to actually successfully fix something on my wagon !  its been a while of things breaking.

I also go it 1" lower in the process :)

However, the 1/2" shimmy is still there :P