In need of some ideas and parts for my 67' 411 SSS wagon!

reilleyd

Hey guys i'm new to the Datsun scene and don't really know what to do with my 67' 411 SSS wagon I have just acquired. I bought it with the 1.6L dual carb roadster engine? Also its sitting on roadster suspension. Its currently not running. The guy said it needs a water pump and alternator to run. I traded my daily for it so getting it back on the road is a must and quick. I am wondering where the best place is to get parts for this engine would be or if any of you guys have parts you could sell me asap. 

Thanks in advanced for you help! 

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you picked a hard to find motor, the 411sss has some specific to the chassis parts, such as the water pump, if you have the bad one dont throw it away. you need part of it!

Exactly! On occasion some supplier says he has an RL411 water pump but the length of the shaft and diameter of the fan hub never look right to me. You need the original fan hub and upper pulley from your current car to make things work. The RL411 and WRL411 fan blades are riveted on to a solid "spider", not 2 blades held together by 4 bolts and a support ring. You need to get a roadster waterpump, pull the roadster hub and "transplant" the original hub on to the roadster pump. A gear puller for removal and a hydraulic press for assembling the original hub are needed. Warning, be sure you have good engine mounts! The roadster water pump shaft has a very close clearance to the radiator. Week engine mounts risk eating the radiator with your fan blade.

I would stick with a replacement Mitsubishi externally regulated alternator and replace the original mechanical voltage regulator with an electronic one, they are plug compatible with the harness. You COULD go through the growing pains associated with jumper wires etc. required to use a more modern internally regulated alternator but why buy trouble when there'e a plug-in replacement. It is always a good practice to replace the regulator when you are not sure why the original alternator either was sold off or failed.

Good Luck!

You're in Washington, look up Tana the Datsun Lady on this site.

and pay thru the teeth.... hopefully you dont need a set of su's or the filter housing....

for the alt if you want to go with an internal there are a few options out there, i used a gm 2-3 wire and only had to use one jumper for the regulator plug. i only had to hand bend the upper mount and it was a perfect fit.

I have a filter and housing if you need it. Also forget the water pump and go electric, it makes the engine bay easier to work in.

http://www.daviescraig.com.au/

part number 8040, then use XRP 980016 on the pump and Earls 997116 on the intake and thermo to make it all work with Earls 670116 , 679116 and 660016 hose

I have a filter and housing if you need it. Also forget the water pump and go electric, it makes the engine bay easier to work in.

http://www.daviescraig.com.au/

part number 8040, then use XRP 980016 on the pump and Earls 997116 on the intake and thermo to make it all work with Earls 670116 , 679116 and 660016 hose

doing a custom electric water pump... seems liek a great way to get a car back on the road quick to use for a daily... im sure its nice and cheap too........ just do it stock.