What Do you guys think? please advice

Mads510

I was reading on txdot's website recently about this very thing, and mc headlights on a car are illegal in Texas.

I know my inspection guy wouldn't say anything, and a cop would have to be really nit picking to even find that, but some places around the country are different.

Check local laws before doing any headlight mod. There are strict rules about vehicle lighting everywhere.

• Like 1
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll bet "painted yellow" headlights are too.

Definitely, you're not allowed to put anything over your headlights. No tint, paint, tape, etc. Headlights are for lighting. Paint is for the rest of the car.

There's no functionality to painting over your headlights. You will get ticketed for that in a heartbeat.

Edit: foglights are however, an added safety feature, so they can be tinted any legal color. Here that means yellow, Amber, or white. Red is only for the back of the car. Anything else is for emergency vehicles, or just plain illegal to run on public roads.

If you wanted green foglights, fine. Just don't use them on the road. I can't think of a reason to have them anywhere else, but maybe you like having foglights that are only ok in your driveway.

Point is. it'd suck to mod your car and find out it wasn't legal from a cop.

• Like 1

Definitely, you're not allowed to put anything over your headlights. No tint, paint, tape, etc. Headlights are for lighting. Paint is for the rest of the car.

There's no functionality to painting over your headlights. You will get ticketed for that in a heartbeat.

Edit: foglights are however, an added safety feature, so they can be tinted any legal color. Here that means yellow, Amber, or white. Red is only for the back of the car. Anything else is for emergency vehicles, or just plain illegal to run on public roads.

If you wanted green foglights, fine. Just don't use them on the road. I can't think of a reason to have them anywhere else, but maybe you like having foglights that are only ok in your driveway.

Point is. it'd suck to mod your car and find out it wasn't legal from a cop.

yes true that! damn cops! :thumbup:

My old 1971 Kawasaki H1 500 had a round 5.75" headlight.

I just checked eBay ... $9 plus shipping, maybe better prices if you shop more - > http://www.ebay.com/itm/330978594644

Back in the day many bikes ran this size, including some Harley D's

Just make sure they are halogen for the best results!

Here are some more options, a 60/55w is much brighter than the 35/35w I found on eBay -> http://rimiusa.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=17

yes when I was searching for lights the Harleys came up as 5.75"