Cool places around Seattle to take pics of car.

Its about time for Senior photos.I want to get a few shots of me with my car. and was curious if anybody knows any cool places or spots around Seattle to take pics of your car.  I know there is graffiti garage out in Tacoma. any other cool spots? 

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@tristan-

The free wall got closed last year, too much late night crime, dumped cars and kids tagging buildings they wernt supposed to. It used to be my favorite spot. Rip

IMG_0576.jpg

I'm still searching for the right abandoned building, but I like under bridges, neat infinity effect with the poles

Under I5 & 65th

DSCN1173.jpg

Under hwy99 just north of the west Seattle bridge

IMG_2073_zps1268d065.jpg

The golden gardens boat launch parking lot is awesome at sunset too

DSCN1678.jpg

Shonuffs suggestion of under the bridges is great idea and ,, if you take some under ( or artistically in background)  the iconic 99 viaduct, that will be torn down sooon.. Gives your pictures something no future generations will ever be able to get,, ever. And when your looking at the pictures for your grandkids to post on some weird future meeting spot,,, you will no doubt blow their minds.

(editorial) Fucking rich fucks are taking our view and moving us underground like rats.!!/ rant

We used to go to a place we called chicken spot ,, i looked up the actual name and it`s called Jack Perry memorial park.. It`s cool because it`s very close to those cargo cranes and ships being unloaded and right off Hwy 99 ,, it`s hidden down this alley way and usually completly empty except for workers on lunch ,,, or what ever..

http://goo.gl/maps/lXX51

Although since smoking pot is now legal, Washingtonians no longer need to hide in shame..

But my favorite would be in front of the Oboy Oberto outlet store at night but getting a long exposure pic while dodging traffic might be impossible. And getting a pic with just you and your rig and not a bunch of new cars or transients photobombing in the background.

@tristan-

The free wall got closed last year, too much late night crime, dumped cars and kids tagging buildings they wernt supposed to. It used to be my favorite spot. Rip

Thats shitty... The SODO Freewall was a cool spot. I used to go frequently because it would change all the time. Cool place. 

If you shot with a wide lens, you could park in front of the Freemont Troll and incorporate that. 

Yeah cuz nobody has ever done that ,,,,,,,,,, ever.

Youre not going to be able to find much in the city limits where no one has taken pictures. For anything "Seattle" themed, people will have already done it. Cliches are cliches for a reason. 

On the tamer side, the Space Needle and the theme building [old US pavilion] on the old World's Fair grounds. I like Capt. Ivar's parking lot and the approach to it on the waterfront. Damned good food also. Remember, the first 12 streets from the waterfront are JJCCMMSSUUPP. "Jesus Christ Made Seattle Under Protest" doubled. Pioneer Park and "Under Ground Seattle" are worth a visit even if you take no photos!