Sphynx88's 1977 620 King Cab

Hello!

Name is Brad and I'm 25. I bought a house a year and a half ago and since then it's been a pain in the butt to get back from the hardware store to get projects done around here. So, I turned my sights onto finding a 620.

Noticed a few guys on here were from Seattle or the PNW in general. I'm over in Kirkland and recently picked up this 1977 620 King Cab. I probably over paid for it but the interior was clean and complete and there was 0 rust on the truck. It ran ok and with love and investment could be a pretty decent rig. 

This is my first Datsun but 3rd Nissan. I had a 93 300zx for a bit I swapped the motor in and daily drive a 350z. I've also had a 78 Trans Am since I was 15 so am no stranger to wrenching. 

Here are a few pictures and I do apologize for the lack of quality. 

1186104_10102279625249628_559808951_n.jp

wVgOKxBh.jpg

pHUHmc5h.jpg
WvMX67jh.jpgQ2vKImyh.jpgRlGFFcAh.jpg

CLt4Wxnh.jpg
Ma6Sb2H.jpg

So here is what is in store. 

-New tires pronto. As you can see I painted the stock wheels. I am throwing those on and ditching the mags. The current tires are weather cracked and should not have driven me back from Seatac. 2 are flat at the moment. Looks like someone switched the spare for a regular wheel, which is currently under the truck with the original tire. Looks to be in good condition though!
-Lowering blocks in the rear. 3" showed up today, lower the torsions in the front. Nothing extreme. 
-Weber carb kit showed up today. Need to get it put on and get the truck running right. Good compression, new fuel lines and a filter but still a big hesitation on first accel. I didn't rule out timing but 179k is a lot on the original Hitachi and thought I would swap it out now. 

That's it for now, but I'll make some good progress and keep you guys up to speed. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome :)

Have you checked the vac advance on the dizzy?   While running, you can use a vac gauge to check that you are getting a vac signal when you first crack the throttle.  Then, with the engine stopped, use a vac pump and watch the dizzy with the cap off to see if the advance moves when you apply a signal similar to what you read from the carb.

Welcome :)

Have you checked the vac advance on the dizzy?   While running, you can use a vac gauge to check that you are getting a vac signal when you first crack the throttle.  Then, with the engine stopped, use a vac pump and watch the dizzy with the cap off to see if the advance moves when you apply a signal similar to what you read from the carb.

Haven't dug into her too much at the moment. But it definitely is a possibility. Thanks for the tip I'll check it out tonight.

Welcome aboard. I was watching that one on the old cl. Looked like a nice truck, good base to build a really nice truck.

More pics of the TA please  :D

I was nervous pictures on the ad did too much justice but I was very surprised at the condition, especially since he pulled it out of his neighbors blackberry bushes. He even scraped and sealed the entire undercarriage. 

39132_965159126318_3475371_n.jpg

39059_965155119348_7158600_n.jpg

• Like 1

Took the day off to get some things done and work on the truck. What a day.

Jack broke halfway through getting the blocks in, so that sucks, hit a brake line when grinding off the old u bolts. Awesome. 
What should have taken 2 hours took about 6 but all in all got the new tires and wheels on, replaced the brake line and got the blocks in. Can't wait to do the front.

1000573_10102296796328648_1133538726_n.j

And hey, just figured out why all my photos are looking blue. Hopefully I'll get some better ones up shortly.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Who doesn't love updates and progress?

Got the weber installed! Ran great first crank and stall on initial acceleration is gone. A few backfires and some dieseling to dial out but she runs like a new machine. Cranked down the torsion bars, removed rear bumper and blacked out the grill + yellow highs.

Next up is to start working over the interior and get it pretty!

1173861_10102330874979758_1533107385_n.j

1185747_10102330875184348_537499810_n.jp

524494_10102330875299118_1015031450_n.jp

• Like 1