Where to find this part

akawes

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fastenal  http://www.fastenal.com/web/home there's one near me should be all over. It is a metric thread. Just take in the one you want or if broken take another one off and take it in. They can measure and replace it.

NAPA and other auto parts probably can too. Hardware stores ... maybe if they have metric stuff.

I was wondering if the bolt was the same as the one used on the Z cars, but after looking at Z car parts catalogs, I couldn't find anyone that sells the bolt.  Try Nissan parts department at your local dealer....... Maybe take them this picture so they understand what your looking for.  In my experience, if you can communicate to the parts counter person at the dealership exactly what your looking for, then you get best results.  They don't always seem to know what your talking about, without a picture.  I think my dealer had a catalog for the early Z cars... Good hunting, and let us know where you find one!

http://www.blackdragonauto.com/icatalog/zr/full.aspx?Page=45

^^ Good to know.  If you can't find one used from someone on here, I think I would go on to eBay and start asking some of the 510 parts suppliers on there.  Maybe DatsunKentigo, or that Saudi Arabia guy, or some of the suppliers in Thailand.  The Saudi guy seems to have a lot of actual NOS parts.... price might be high, but...... if it's your only option....

Check with the dealer first.  I've been getting really lucky lately as far as availability of factory parts.

For May of '69 through July of '71, the part number is 54436-A0800.

For anything after July of '71, the part number is 54436-U0101.

I think 54436-U0101 will work for any years as that part number "superceded" previous years.  Check 54436-U0101 first.  See no. 46 below.

510_062_2_vga.png

Alright guys thanks for the info i'll give a call over to the nissan dealership tomorrow and see what i can find.

I suggest walking-in in person.  I've had better luck with conveying what I'm looking for, and getting the attention my questions deserved.

You know what, for both items, look up justplainjoe on here, he is in the process of getting rid of all his Datsun parts.  I sold him a partial car, that had good front sheet metal, maybe he still has it.  He is in the KCK area.  How about the 510keeper?  I don't know him, but it seems like he has a bunch of parts.

Or:

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/56642-datsun-graveyard-found/

For anything after July of '71, the part number is 54436-U0101.

I think 54436-U0101 will work for any years as that part number "superceded" previous years.  Check 54436-U0101 first.  See no. 46 below.

That part was also used in the 610/710/B210 and S10 (first gen 200sx)

• Like 1