Fuel pump help

Hey guys I got a 72' 510 4 door and I'm really confused on where the fuel pump is located on it ? When I bought the car it was compleatly gutted and I have no idea on where it is located . You guys might think I haven't looked around or googled enough to find the answer to this stupid question but I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find it . I've seen people with fuel cells but I don't know if that replaces the fuel pump or what it does and where I could purchase one ? I'm currently putting a 95' ka24de in my 510 but don't know the exact location of the fuel pump and I've heard of people getting a 240sx fuel pump and fuel rail but I honestly don't know the correct solution . People tell me it goes inside the fiel tank but im no sure and If anyone could help me out and not act childish it would really help me out . I don't want to give up on this project and I always relate to this site for help but always end up getting insulted . I mean if anyone could honestly help me I would thank you a lot .

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most fuel cells mount the pump inside to keep it cool. A stock tank can be 'converted' with some work to take a submerged pump. In tank would be best but an inline pump will also work and is easier but they can be annoyingly noisy.

In line pumps have to be mounted a low and as close to the tank as possible. While there is no upper limit to how much pressure a pump can put out, no pump made can pull fuel vertically more than 30 feet. So low and as close to the tank as you can.

Well, the original fuel pump is mechanical and driven by (attached to) the engine, so if you're missing the original L series motor, then the car doesn't have a fuel pump.  Your KA24DE would have had an in-tank pump, so it's up to you to figure out which way you want to go.  The easiest would be to go with an inline pump...