Doors from a Datsun 620 KC fit a regular cab?

JoeDusty

As the title says...I'm picking up a Datsun 620 KC for $100...has a few parts I need...figure the rims and the tach are worth me picking it up...the doors and hood also look better than mine, so I'm wondering if a KC doors and hood would fit a regular cab 620...I'm not sure of the year of the KC, but mine is a 78 reg cab...sorta lol, was the RV and converted, but anyways...any help would be appreciated.

I'll post pics in a sec of the kc I'm picking up tomorrow

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, doors hood and fenders are the same. '77 and earlier drum brake rims may not fit the '78 and up because they have disc brakes. Forget that, I see it's a 4x4? These rims and tires are 10.5 X 31s??? won't fit very well on a stock 620.

F88EEB69-CC5D-44FD-9B22-E5EA8626D154-128

Well, that sounded better in my head lol, what I meant to say is I'd love to have the kc cab moved to replace my regular cab...dunno if that's possible or not, but this will be my winter project.

Also, any advice for installing a http://www.webercarbsdirect.com/product_p/wk663.htm

What do I need beyond what comes in that kit?

Thanks for the help

Well, that's the thing....I only paid $100 for it, and originally I got it for some parts for the 78 620 flatbed I bought....if i could get them both running...this 4x4 would be a sweet ride on the trails up here. If I can pull the cab, and have a new bottom installed, I'm all for it, it's a winter project but the sheet metal work would have to be done by a body shop...so, if its a $500 dollar fix...ok maybe, but if its a $1000 or more...might not be worth it to me lol

The engine actually looks cleaner than my other one, so I'm tossed on keeping the KC or just using it for parts like the tach, and having spares since this KC has the same engine as my 78 620 flatbed.

Local shop up here said it'd be an easy $2500-3500 to replace the floor....so, I'm gonna scrap the KC and pull as many spare parts as I can, maybe find a buyer for the tires and rims around here....but I guess for the $100 bucks plus the trailer rental, I got an engine, a newer looking gas tank, tach, and whatever else I can pull

Then you have a long wheelbase truck. They are identical but for the KC cab or reg cab and the front two bed mounts on the frame. I put a KC onto a long bed frame and cut them off and moved them back 8-10 inches.

Have you measured the wheelbase on the flatbed? To me it almost looks like a longbed frame-110".

Good eye!

Joe. Your '78 engine tag (driver's inner fender) should read HLG620F (if 4speed) TU

The King Cab is.... KHL620TUXXXXX.

G is long wheelbase, K is Deluxe cab (KC)

The KC should read