My first Datsun 510 Wagon

IMAG1676_1_zps03cc662c.jpg

IMAG1678_1_zps9240c390.jpg

IMAG1684_1_zps20bb8df4.jpg

Heres my first Datsun 1972 Wagon. Bought her in the Bay Area, CA in pretty good shape inside and out. It has l18 with 5 spd. First thing I want to do is get the engine right. I wanna get the head resurfaced and start from there. I am not use to driving a 2000 pound car and I wanna see what the L series has to offer. Now time to do some research

• Like 1
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why resurface the head? is it warped? did the previous owner think so? If not running right what is it doing? Better to be sure it needs it first

There are other things you might want to do to the head while it's off before putting it back on like new valve seals.

Nice color.

Why resurface the head? is it warped? did the previous owner think so? If not running right what is it doing? Better to be sure it needs it first

There are other things you might want to do to the head while it's off before putting it back on like new valve seals.

Nice color.

My uncle who I bought the car from said the valve guides were loose and that's why the car is not running, his mechanic buddy said that he should get the heads resurfaced just to be safe.