72 Datsun 510

Hey guys I am working on my 510 that my father passed down to me when i was younger. I am getting it to turn on with most of the motor being made up of stock parts. However, I DO need a new radiator because the old one was lost. If anyone knows of a place in Bakersfield, CA who sells them at a low price it would be helpful. If not, maybe you know of a website I can order it from. Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im no expert still considered a noob but most of the forum members ive seen go with champion radiators this is just my opinion i coould be ore am wrong ,you can find these on ebay there 3 line radiators made just for 510 , i think there like $250 or around there . great to here your keeping that datsun alive

• Like 1

Welcome to the site. 

You may want to give the search bar a good using as there are plenty of options out there. Rabbit, Fiero, Champion/Eagle, Koyorad, and you can even source a good used OEM one. Head on over to the Classifieds and make a WTB ad detailing what youre looking for. 

We would love to see some pictures of your car. Where in Bako are you? I used to live in Tehachapi and spent many a night in Bakersfield. 

trsitinGrind-

You may want to give the search bar a good using as there are plenty of options out there. Rabbit, Fiero, Champion/Eagle, Koyorad, and you can even source a good used OEM one. Head on over to the Classifieds and make a WTB ad detailing what youre looking for.

tristin does that mean that all these brands make radiators for a 521 too because 510 radiators also fit a 70' 521 ?

trsitinGrind-

tristin does that mean that all these brands make radiators for a 521 too because 510 radiators also fit a 70' 521 ?

None of those companies make a radiator branded as a 521 radiator that I know of (Im not a truck guy so I could be wrong), but if your research tells you that the 510 unit is the same as the 521 then those listed above should fit.

Hey guys I am working on my 510 that my father passed down to me when i was younger. I am getting it to turn on with most of the motor being made up of stock parts. However, I DO need a new radiator because the old one was lost. If anyone knows of a place in Bakersfield, CA who sells them at a low price it would be helpful. If not, maybe you know of a website I can order it from. Thanks.

I have a 1200 that I inherited when my Dad passed on. It has been in the family since it was new. I am beginning a resto project on mine. This site s a goldmine of information for old Datsuns, and the members are willing to share information. Don't be surprised if someone disagrees with you about what you want to do. I wanted to chop up my 1200 for a race car. I was told in no uncertain terms that I was nuts if I did that to an original, unrestored car in very good condition. I changed my mind to do a restoration on the car and I got a 510 to race. We want pictures to see what you are working with. Use photobucket to drag and drop your pictures then copy the IMG file, paste it and post it. I found that if you try to paste a picture to this site it will only work if you enter text and enter a blank line. Maybe I'm wrong but that's what worked for me. Welcome to Ratsun.

DSCN1362_zps62362329.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks guys. I went to a local Radiator Shop today and it turned out the owner had a Nissan radiator, however the inlet and outlet were on the wrong sides, but the owner happened to know how to make radiators as well so first thing tomorrow i will take it back and get the outlet and inlet moved.

Also, I wanted to get a used or new wiper motor...any ideas as to where i could find one?