Any Fisherman?

I havent gone fishing in a while... but i have a 500 gallon aquaponics system full of Tilapia :-)  Harvest time is soon! just waiting for them to spawn one more time. :-)

CAM00692.jpg

CAM00691.jpg

and i think my method of harvest is gonna be one of them cheap disney poles just for fun hehe

Awesome!  I've started my aquaponics system as well.  around 4 months now.  Sick how much I spend on my hydroponics nutes, and my fish shit blows it all away.  Simple too.  Growing Kale, lettuce, tomatoes, strawberries, peppers, cucumbers, and eggplant.  

What are you growing?  

• Like 1
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Growing basil now for second year... seems to really like it... dont nearly have enough grow bed yet.

CAM00693.jpg

thats just a tractor supply plastic bowl thing with a bell syphon on top my IBC. maybe 5 gallons of hydroton at the most.  im running a modified CHOP system with an in ground sump, swirl filter and a homer bucket bio filter(more hydroton).  Its allot of fun but i wish i had read the warnings about aquaponics addiction... its serious :-)

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

no pics, but a story. I've grown up fishing since i could walk. We fished mobile bay, pensacola bay, gulf of mexico, just about everywhere between mobile and destin. one day, in perdido pass, my old man and i had been fishing there all weekend, but never caught shit. not even a pinfish or croaker (ok maybe one or too, but you get the point.) So my dad had stopped giving two shits about his pole. he cast out a hard tail we had miraculously caught, in the 1% chance a Cobia or Mackerel came along. well, that 1% chance came true. now, mind you, the SECOND my dad put his pole down, i said "loosen your drag, man." and of course, since he's the wise old man, and I'm the young whippersnapper, my advice didn't matter. so he is standing there texting, while im minding my pole. I look up, line is going. he looks up, runs to his pole, gets within 1 inch of it, and our only good pole we had that trip flies over the rail, and into the gulf behind what we suspect was a cobia. then a few months later i told him how to fix a boat motor and a lawn mower in the same day, and he started listening to the young whippersnapper...

I bought a second home in Forks, WA for the salmon. Spent a year on the coast, thought I would give beach casting a try. We go camping by a lake or river to fish at least 3 times a year.  I even spent time on the frozen lakes of Michigan for the sturgeon

Now we live on a lake. I heard the fishing was great here. I try to keep at least 5 poles at the ready. We have owned at three fishing boats. That covers about 20 years of my life. I never went a year with out a fishing lisc. I am about to go in to get this years.

In all of that I have dropped my line in the water about 6-7 times. But hey, I love to go fishing  :thumbup:

How pathetic, eh

Ultra lights are the best, nothing like hooking a 2lb trout and making it look like youre fighting a salmon

..............or fighting a 7lb. bass :D

IMG_0205_zps6ce5e910.jpg

• 10 months later...