different datsun fever is taking over.... opinions?

So ive had "Rocket" (build thread name) for about a year now. 1976 620 l20b 4 speed.  my truck isnt ratty which i love and i hate. i love cause alot of compliments come from people who are into clean trucks, but i hate because im afraid of scratching or dinging.  ive done alot(well to a 16 year old with side jobs) to her. its been slow but now that im more into datsuns i want more. everyone says dont sell your first truck but i have 510 fever. i cant sell mine because i need a way to get to work but i could put it up for trade for a 510 although the chances are slim that someone would trade me.  let me know what you guys think. keep? trade? i could save this summer and put like 500-800 bucks ontop but im not looking for another show car 510. ratty is calling my name.and everyone will say "BUY ANOTHER AND KEEP THIS" i want to! but my income isnt great working 20 hours a week paying for insurance and gas at 9.16 an hour.it would take me 9 months of sundays to save up haha.  there is one that i would consider asking about local as a project but id rather trade mine cause my dad isnt all for me having 2 cars(but he might have to deal with it( :thumbup: )  heres some pics.  

7990BDC3_zpsf67b95e3.jpg

3E71C490_zpsb3165c6f.jpg

620 fans dont bash haha i seriously love it but i want a different one.  

• Like 4
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

honestly, keep it and save up man. it may take a while but in the end it will be worth the trouble, and you'll have no regrets about selling this one. I've been a fan of z's since I was 6, datsuns since about 14 or 15. I got my first z when I was 23, 7 years after I started driving, and had already been through 3 cars. my first non-z datsun I got at 25 and had been through 7 cars(still had 3 of them, 2 of them are z's). I had offers on the first z I got for months, I refused all of them because I didn't know if I was ever going to be able to justify the money and space that it takes up again.  now that I have 2, it may be a different story, but until I got my second I never knew if the first was gonna be the only one I could ever get. better safe than sorry imo

• Like 1

thats a good looking truck, keep it, if were not careful the 510s are gonna get overrated like the civic and start to loose value or become less cool

oops i just compared 510s to civics   :ninja:

thanks for the advice man. im gonna let that one slide but dont compare that again :sneaky:  haha :thumbup:

there is still plenty of datsuns around tho, even tho it seems like right now they are running out or all the 510s are being taken etc, we only see whats on the internet or what ppl put up, here in the west coast there are so many still sitting in barns owned by ppl who dont get along with computers, or grandmas that cant drive stick anymore and its been sitting in their garage for years, in my job i meet new ppl daily and visit many ppl, just yesterday i delivered a washer to an old guy and i always find a way to throw datsun into a conversation, he told me if i came a month earlier he had a ton of datsun parts, he scrapped it :(

so they are still around, u will find a better deals going to barns/door to door knocking etc

, in other words, keep ur truck

71 72 510 4 door coupe

4 door coupe? :confused:

I would hold onto the 620. Eventually you will want to pick up parts for another vehicle and it wont fit in the Dime. Thats where the truck comes in. Its a super clean 620, keep it and be proud. 

4 door coupe? :confused:

I would hold onto the 620. Eventually you will want to pick up parts for another vehicle and it wont fit in the Dime. Thats where the truck comes in. Its a super clean 620, keep it and be proud. 

SEDAN my bad!   :crying:   i hate deciding things.......

keep it and save for a 510 

it is hard to find any datsun as clean as your truck 

DONT GIVE IT UP 

thanks for the input man! were you at canby this year? i see your profile pic and it looks like this beautiful dime i saw.  L powered, dual sidedrafts?

thanks for the input man! were you at canby this year? i see your profile pic and it looks like this beautiful dime i saw.  L powered, dual sidedrafts?

yes that was me  we have gone since 2011 and plan to attend every year 

WE LOVE CANBY

I think you might regret selling the 620. It really is a sweet truck. BUT cars come and go. I miss a few that I sold but life goes on and you just build another one.

well i have my eyes on a looks to be 71 72 510 4 door coupe that has just sat for atleast a year and im gonna ask the guy about it. rolling shell with a l16 that comes seperate

^^^ If you pass on this one, you should give me the skinny on it. :ninja:  :w00t:

• Like 1

I think you might regret selling the 620. It really is a sweet truck. BUT cars come and go. I miss a few that I sold but life goes on and you just build another one.

^^^ If you pass on this one, you should give me the skinny on it. :ninja:  :w00t:

will do man! i see some 510s you sell alot on craigslist and always like them! that 68 is sweet. ill give you the scoop if i dont pick it up. 

I would keep the truck if I were you. I know it sounds like a good idea to get a 510 and have a great car but these 510's take money to build up to where they're road worthy and reliable. Your truck is there already and it's one of the cleanest 620's I've seen. I know there are a lot of Datsuns on the west coast but any 620 around where I'm from is rare and exotic. It's all relative. Plus, you're young yet. Your lifestyle will change and job prospects with it. One day you'll make enough to get yourself a 510 without having to part with your awesome 620. That's my advice for WIW. Either way your better off than most, you've discovered the world of Datsun and are better for it. Good luck with what ever you decide.

So ive had "Rocket" (build thread name) for about a year now. 1976 620 l20b 4 speed.  my truck isnt ratty which i love and i hate. i love cause alot of compliments come from people who are into clean trucks, but i hate because im afraid of scratching or dinging.  ive done alot(well to a 16 year old with side jobs) to her. its been slow but now that im more into datsuns i want more. everyone says dont sell your first truck but i have 510 fever. i cant sell mine because i need a way to get to work but i could put it up for trade for a 510 although the chances are slim that someone would trade me.  let me know what you guys think. keep? trade? i could save this summer and put like 500-800 bucks ontop but im not looking for another show car 510. ratty is calling my name.and everyone will say "BUY ANOTHER AND KEEP THIS" i want to! but my income isnt great working 20 hours a week paying for insurance and gas at 9.16 an hour.it would take me 9 months of sundays to save up haha.  there is one that i would consider asking about local as a project but id rather trade mine cause my dad isnt all for me having 2 cars(but he might have to deal with it( :thumbup: )  heres some pics.  

7990BDC3_zpsf67b95e3.jpg

3E71C490_zpsb3165c6f.jpg

620 fans dont bash haha i seriously love it but i want a different one.  

If you trade it or sell it you will have a major case of sellers remorse later....garanteed........Jim.

Dude, keep that truck man! I used to have an old Mazda REPU that we took all over the place. It was clean as hell and ran forever. I thought I was gonna keep it forever, but ended up losing it to my supra addiction. Now, almost 10 years later and I really wish I had kept that truck!

Like everyone else said, keep the 620.  She's beautiful, and you'd regret getting rid of her.  After you save up to get your 2nd Datsun, you can use your 620 to pick up the parts you'll need, and you can drive her to work while you take your time and fix up the 510 right.

If you REALLY want something new, I'd be happy to trade my 280z for your truck... :sneaky: Would probably take a weekend or two to get her put back together enough to drive you to work...

But seriously, keep that 620.  Work the 9 months of Sundays if you have to.  It will be worth it in the end.

Datto hoarding enabler signing off...