newbie with 78 b210

Cooper78b210

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, welcome to ratsun. Chances are you have a stock hitachi carb on there, but we can't really tell unless you post pics.

Take your time, clean everything thoroughly, and everything else will fall into place. Here's a page with a little more info on rebuilding the stock carb. http://datsun1200.com/modules/mediawiki/index.php?title=Carburetor_Repair

The above. Set aside 3-4 hrs (not that you'll need that much) so there is no rush. A big clean table space. A digital camera so you can see how it's supposed to look when re assembling it. Old tooth brushes are nice, carb cleaner in a spray can with the red straw so you can blow out passages. Small pliers and screwdrivers. Not that you can swap the primary and secondary jets by mistake. Primaries are smaller numbers.

There is no VooDoo to this, it's not magic. Just parts to remove and clean and put back... some new. There are some adjustments so follow the instructions. Best to get a quality kit that includes these instructions, diagrams and usually cardboard gauges for setting float drop and choke unloader... stuff like that.

Ok one more thing to do first!!!!!  We need to see the beast!!  its manditory around here.

Yeah I'm kinda wondering if this is one of the hatchbacks I've seen around.

Is it a black respray? Or does it have a big scrape down one side? We need pics!

Got the rebuild done with no issue. Ha. Not gunna lie, I was scared when it was all apart in pieces on my kitchen floor. She runs perfect now. Time to smog.

Just like sex. Scared the first time (on the kitchen floor)... soon had her humming.

• Like 1

my profile pic is my car at my house. couldnt figure out how to post the picture in my reply. she is a beauty.

Very nice. Ratsun does not host pics. You need a separate host such as photobucket. There is a stickied thread on how to do this. I'm on my phone otherwise I would post it myself.

Very nice. Ratsun does not host pics. You need a separate host such as photobucket. There is a stickied thread on how to do this. I'm on my phone otherwise I would post it myself.

And here is the thread: http://community.ratsun.net/topic/691-how-to-post-pictures-and-keep-online-photo-albums/