Wiper motor

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, you can take any electric motor and hook up the positive and negative backwards and the motor will usually run backwards. Like an electric radiator fan, wires hooked up one way it spins. Wires hooked up the opposite way, it will spin the opposite way. Something to think about but yes ^^ what vehicle?

1) How do you know it's in reverse and

2) Why would it matter?  Unless it's not parking in the right spot (or not parking at all), the direction of rotation doesn't really matter since the rotation is converted to reciprocal motion, then converted back to partial (swing) rotation.

Yes 77 620 kc. New motor from rockauto. I did think of re-wiring it but I wanted to get some fred back first. It tries to wipe my hood insted of my windsheild. It dosnt look like you can mount the motor in 180°. Its a triangle pattern. I might ne wrong tho? Thanks guys! still accepting any and all suggestions!

Wipe the hood?  You have the arms on wrong.  The wiper motor itself turns a full 180 degrees, changing that rotation won't effect the motion of the blades.  Take the arms off and reposition them.   Then, if it's parking in the wrong place you have the small arm (on the motor) mounted 180 degrees off.