front wheel bearings

NITRQ

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For the 521, you can clean/repack them, but don't expect to find new inner bearings very easily.

I've put vids up on youtube, that cover all of it, but I don't think I have just one vid covering the process.

This will get you started with removal.....(find the other two parts for how I tighten the spindle nut)

race removal.....(if you're simply repacking the bearings, you won't need to do this or the next one)

• Like 1

and if you need to replace the inner bearings, here's an option(follow the site link in the signature if you end up wanting them)

You can find the factory manuals on the Tech page of www.olddatsuns.com   They'll show you how to do it too.

• Like 1

if you find a source for new inner bearings they should be like the ones below, the wrong ones have a high flange on the inner race.

DSCF4363_zpsae65e2e3.jpg

here is the part number but watch out there is an incorrect bearing for the 620 that has the same number as the 521. I believe Mklotz sells a great adapter for the 620 to 521 bearing usage.

DSCF4361_zps0d0623be.jpg