Needs Pics of 1976 KC Jack and Accy's

As I mentioned in a previous post, I am restoring a 1976 KC back to as original as possible. One of the million things I am trying to figure out, is..... does anyone have accurate pictures of what the jack and accessories look like? I know my truck had a bottle jack because the clamps are still in the back of the cab behind the drivers seat. I'm just not sure about the other items. Any photos would be greatly appreciated. It seems that there are several versions of jacks/accy's that went in to the various Datsun models.

Dave

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rod for jack and spare stow area. You can see part of the rubber strap(broken). This is at the transmission tunnel on the driver side seat rail.

sparejackhandlestow_zps77dc9a6b.jpg

The short rod is for a scissors jack and doesn't belong with the truck tool kit.

truckjackandtoolkit_zpsb024d150.jpg

• Like 1

The Deluxe KCs had a cover for the jack and 2 bags- one bag fit only the shepard's hook, and the other bag contained the handle and the lug wrench, as well as possibly the wheel chocks (both my '76 KCs had wheel chocks, no other 620 did but then again only one of my other 620s had the jack handles remaining either),  I might be able to remember to dig them out for a pic.  Standard cab 620s AFAIK did not have a bag for the shepards hook or jack, but did have a bag for the handle and lug wrench.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lumlo, I hate to ask another question because you have been more than helpful already, but do you know the length of the jack rod with the hook on it? I can't find a nice one anywhere so far and figure I'll just have one fabricated if I can figure out the measurements.

Thanks, Dave

• Like 1

Lumlo, I hate to ask another question because you have been more than helpful already, but do you know the length of the jack rod with the hook on it? I can't find a nice one anywhere so far and figure I'll just have one fabricated if I can figure out the measurements.

Thanks, Dave

Sorry this took so long, I've been out playing in the nice weather

P1040140_zpsbf4e0699.jpg

P1040139_zps0eae89f4.jpg

P1040138_zpsaab6f11e.jpg

P1040137_zpsa0d0144f.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 years later...

I've just heard that the KC may have a different jack.   The parts manual quotes a single part number, 99551-B5000, for the Model "T" - and no other models or part numbers are specified... specifically the "DX" model with is the King Cab.

EDIT:  While the Parts Manual appears incomplete (showing a jack for the T and not the DX models), it appears that there is just one jack for all 620's. 

I was wondering if someone could confirm that.

• Like 1