I need some Datsun Knowledge. Who can help?

Hey guys,

Been a few years since I've owned a Datsun(coming from a 280z) Looking to get another one.  I am pretty much set on finding a 510 but I am curious about the differences in models on the 610.  I've googled everywhere and can't seem to find the answer.

So whats the difference between a 610, and C110 and a 240K?   Besides being JDM and AUS versions, are these all the same car outside of the engine? Can the parts be interchanged?    The reason I ask is curious about taking a 610 and converting it to a 240K.

Thanks!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They're different models.  The C110 and the 240K are Skylines (actually the 240K was simply a particular model variant of various Skyline chassis including the C110 and C210).  The 610 (like the 510 before it) was a Bluebird, totally different platforms.   The C110 and the 610 share almost nothing in common, except the styling, being of the same vintage.  In fact, even though they look significantly different, the 510 and 610 have far more common components, being simply 2 subsequent generations of the same platform.

• Like 1

Hey guys,

Been a few years since I've owned a Datsun(coming from a 280z) Looking to get another one.  I am pretty much set on finding a 510 but I am curious about the differences in models on the 610.  I've googled everywhere and can't seem to find the answer.

Thanks!

Well the main difference between the 510 and 610 is the 510 was made when the company still cared about tasteful styling .

and sits back and waits.

Well the main difference between the 510 and 610 is the 510 was made when the company still cared about tasteful styling .

and sits back and waits.

I think that had more to do with the 70's than the company lol. most good looking cars from the 60's got fubar'd in the 70's.