how to gauge what will fit...

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have 13".... 14s and 15s can be substituted and with the correct tire will be the same height and width as the 13" and fit the same. Larger (14 or 15 inch rims allow more strut clearance and larger calipers.

Start with the stock rim and tire at the ride height you want. Measure the rim width and the off set. The off set determines how far in or out the rim will be when mounted.

post-20-1175142915.gif

http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator

Have a good look around your tire. Is there room to the inside to extend the rim and tire without hitting a leaf spring? Is there room to the outside without hitting the inside of the fender? Or does it stick out and the fender may come down on it over bumps. You may find that you can run a 2" wider rim but it must be only 1 1/2" in (positive) and 1/2 out (negative) in order to clear everything.

Ok, so he comes some newishness on my behalf...

I thought i understood wheel fitment but i dont apparently :(

How do you measure a car to see what size rims will fit and with what offset?

get super positive rims YO like big lips and sttttrrreeeccchhh some small ass tires if they rub roll the fenders and get camber plates to make them fit, they invented camber plates to make wheels fit not to improve suspension or anything, hope this helps...................make you laugh!

The fuck? This thread just got REAL unproductive..... lol Kami

Adam, I use www.willtheyfit.com to see my tire size/offset calculations. Also gives you a lot of interesting dimensions at the same time. 

ill talk ALL the shit I want about Skip....

Joey, please read....

Insomniacs is a safe place for those who can't behave on the rest of the forum or just want to slum. It spares the rest of the membership all the fuckery and shenanigans.