project AWD 510 RB25DET race car

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck me! (statement by the way,not an offer) it does live.

I've got a WC 34 series 1 Stagea (currently unregistered).

Got to admit, I pondered doing an AWD conversion in my 1600 racecar but decided it would just be way too hard.

Good luck if you pull this off, it will be a weapon.

Keep the pics coming, Ratsunners are pic whores, especially with something like this build.

you all doubted me !!! haha :P

Not doubt per se, more so Aussie pride on the line :)

You came through though (with a fuckload of credibility) and that's what matters!

We must be the only two Aussies inhabiting this site that can't sleep at the moment.

Just found your Gumtree WTB add.

why didnt you use the rb26? you are going to have to buy one anyway to to the front wheel drive portion. the rb26 is the only one that is 4wd stock so it has the integral oil pan/differential on it. plus you will need (or rather for the sake of ease want) an rb26 transmission with the transfer case, aditionally, if you want to work the ATESSA system you will need the computers and sensors, or you can also lock it up, or other things, I have read some interesting atessa hacks, but usually you will want the whole system intact, even on the r32 drivetrain. I am very interested to see this done

you will probably have to swap most if not all of the front suspension, or make custom axles and do all kinds of custom craziness up front, remember that the gtr uses dual wishbone in the front and the axles pass through them, you could use a cheaper macstrut setup like is stock, but you will end up modding more i think, and either way you will need custom axles.

this car will be very evil when done though.

the cage would be the absolute last thing on my agenda, cause you may end up cutting it back out for the build.

• Like 1

why didnt you use the rb26? you are going to have to buy one anyway to to the front wheel drive portion. the rb26 is the only one that is 4wd stock so it has the integral oil pan/differential on it. plus you will need (or rather for the sake of ease want) an rb26 transmission with the transfer case, aditionally, if you want to work the ATESSA system you will need the computers and sensors, or you can also lock it up, or other things, I have read some interesting atessa hacks, but usually you will want the whole system intact, even on the r32 drivetrain. I am very interested to see this done

you will probably have to swap most if not all of the front suspension, or make custom axles and do all kinds of custom craziness up front, remember that the gtr uses dual wishbone in the front and the axles pass through them, you could use a cheaper macstrut setup like is stock, but you will end up modding more i think, and either way you will need custom axles.

this car will be very evil when done though.

the cage would be the absolute last thing on my agenda, cause you may end up cutting it back out for the build.

hi there it took awhile for this to come up !!! :)

i put rb25 to see who is on the ball with there nissan's , and you are !!! :)

yes its a rb26, i have the complete drive line loom pumps everything i need to make it work

iam building the cage frame around the driveline and to fit inside the shell

hi there it took awhile for this to come up !!! :)

i put rb25 to see who is on the ball with there nissan's , and you are !!! :)

yes its a rb26, i have the complete drive line loom pumps everything i need to make it work

iam building the cage frame around the driveline and to fit inside the shell

You Have My Full Attention :thumbup:  this car has the potential to be an EVIL track car.

are you running the full ATESSA system?

what is your plan for the front suspension, complete skyline conversion?

I assume the rb25 in your pictures is for mockups.

• Like 1

why didnt you use the rb26? you are going to have to buy one anyway to to the front wheel drive portion. the rb26 is the only one that is 4wd stock so it has the integral oil pan/differential on it. .

Not true. There were other awd rb setups, not just the 26.

• Like 1

That one didnt have the electrontic power distribution, as i recall it was simply mechanically awd. Which still in many cases is preferable.

Oh and I love this build, I was originally wanting to do this with a 620 pickup. Before I knew the following that Datsuns held. I was a farm kid from Idaho, a couple years into the military and overseas in Okinawa almost 10 years ago now (if I knew then what I had know now I would have filled shipping containers with 180's 240's R32's MarkII's and everything between).

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...