Holy Crap, I found this on Photobucket

Bugeye

This is my truck when I had it slammed, I was searching datsuns on photobucket and this came up with my old roommates name....wish I had teh pic of my GSXR-750 in the back of it....man it rode rough as shit this low

slammeddatto.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

are the bump stops out?

oh yeah, they are out, at first i left them in, when I took the truck off the rack they were sitting on top of the axle:lol: so then I removed them, that lowering job was done with 5 inch blocks, one of the guys at the dealership had an 80's s-10 and challenged me to see who could lower their truck the lowest, I won, and I did it in half an hour, he took 3 days, cutting springs and shit, man was he pissed, oh yeah pacific coast, that pic was taken at the military housing in Lakeside, I used to work at Bob Baker Chevy

OK guys. That photo shows EXACTLY what to look for in spotting a '79. First off, the tailgate liner. Only '79s had those. Next, the front side fender emblems. Note the "dropdown" on it? In that area it says "by Nissan". Lastly, the stock vented disc brake rims. This is an awesome photo showing what came on a '79. I didn't know that there was military housing in Lakeside. I grew up in Escondido and did some running around in Lakeside (where My cousins live) and El Cajon.

Bleach- not all 79's had the trim which I thought that was a good way to spot a 79 also. theres a old guy in town thats got a early 79 long box std cab, also the door panels dont go all het way to het top of het inside doors. when I return from Alaska I'll post some pics.

WATCH OUT>>QUICK THREAD HI JACK.......................Mark I really like that Datsun logo with the southwest Datsun Pickups around it....anyway to get some type of sticker like that made....Man that is awesome....OK OK OK BACK to the thread

Another quick threadjack...What year 750 did you have? Did you have the gixxer in the back of the truck when it was lowered, how did it handle?

Hey Steriod...I grew up in Valley Center!

Later

KFD

the only chrome trim around my windshield is at the bottom, we did put the gsxr in the back when it was lowered, I forget what year the bike was as I only had it for 3 weeks (bought it, broke my wrist, couldnt ride it anymore so I sold it)

Yes that is the military housing in San Diego, more like lakeside, right off teh 67 going towards Ramona, Steroid, I have seen some 73s that had the tailgate liner in them, but I know they only came factory on the 79