How do I know If mt distributor can have a pertronix bolted in without mods?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks alot.. motivated...

guess what I just ordered a pertronix, and I have the distributor posted above, does anyone want to sell me an old points dizzy that dosent have the ring as posted above???? 

You can always grind it down but I would not risk it man. I just bought a matchbox instead... I will wait until the kit come over. The center magnet will not fit if its the wrong distributor. You can then experiment from there. 

I had one of those Distributors and rebove the rotor and had it machine off.

Most of those L20 single point will work if you machine the ring boss off. However I had one where it wouldnt line up right.

Is obvious when you mount it on the plate. the moodule will be to cloe to the rotor shaft not letting the magnet ring on.

The application say single point L16. meaning 69-69 or a import single point dizzy.

However they will fit the Mishibishi and SSS dizzys also

You can score the remote module dizzys offa 78 620 pretty easy. People don't see them as gold plated like the matchbox. Then throw a 4 pin GM HEI module mounted near the coil. I did on my truck, worked real good and way more affordable EI than the matchbox. Plus, if you're parked somewhere sketchy, you can throw the module in your pocket as theft deterrent.

• 2 weeks later...

i just got a 78 dizzy, with the box, it dosnt look like my pertronix will work, and the box dosnt have the wiring clip... What are my options now? do I need the big black box? why cant the dizzy just go straight to my coil?